Starting Pay: $20.00 per hour
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
At the Arapahoe Basin Snowsports School, we like to have fun while doing great work and hope to instill a love of snow sports in every guest we meet. Likewise, we want all of our instructors to have rewarding careers working alongside people they can trust and respect.
As a Snowsports Instructor Assistant at A-Basin, you will work alongside a full instructor to help them manage the students in their lesson and assist with any concerns that arise during the course of the day.
Instructor Assistants are representatives of A-Basin and work as part of an interdependent team to provide the best possible experience for our guests enrolled in Snowsports lessons.
If you are passionate about skiing or snowboarding and want to share that passion with others in one of the most beautiful places on Earth, A-Basin is the place for you!
This program is designed for high school students who are not eligible to teach as full instructors yet, but want to gain experience for future instructing positions.
Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- End-of-season bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Recognize that service is our product and helping guests have a great vacation is our primary job
- Greet and assist guests in a friendly, helpful, and respectful manner
- Provide “little extras” to guests such as giving directions or a helping hand
- Make a continued effort to improve personal skiing/riding skill, teaching skills, and knowledge of the snow sports industry
- Assist in instructing and caring for children of any age, gender, and learning ability as assigned
- Be familiar with and comply with A-Basin’s employee handbook and Snowsports’ procedures and policies
- Be up-to-date on relevant Snowsports information by checking bulletin boards and memos and attending required meetings
- Regard safety and skier/snowboarder responsibility as a top priority
- Cooperate with all area employees and co-workers in the performance of duties to promote successful teamwork and guest experience
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Previous experience interacting with children
- Previous guest service experience – preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to follow and understand directions
- Ability to ski, ride, walk, kneel, crawl, carry, reach, stand, stoop, squat, and lift equipment or students up to 35 lbs. while actively teaching and coaching
- Ability to withstand a high-altitude environment at all times
- Must be available weekends and holidays
- Must provide own ski or snowboard equipment and other necessary gear to work outside in a high-alpine, snowy, and cold environment
- This position will spend most of the time outside in a high-altitude, high-alpine, and snowy environment. Instructors usually wear ski/snowboard equipment for the duration of their shift and are on their feet interacting with customers most of the day. Riding a chairlift is required for this role.