Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 16,500 apartments in 18 states. The company’s comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values
- Minimum 7-10 years’ applicable real estate experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Financial modeling (Microsoft Excel) and analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong project management skills and follow-through
- Demonstrated competency in financial statement analysis, business valuation, accounting and finance.
- Knowledge of the NYC residential and retail rental market a plus
- Manages multiple priorities while demonstrating the initiative to produce results by driving processes
- Team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism.
- Bright and flexible with strong organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Sound judgement
- Some travel required