TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that mobilizes individuals, families, communities, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by providing education on the benefits of planting trees, capturing the rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. TreePeople unites with communities to grow a greener, shadier and more water-secure region at homes, neighborhoods, schools and in the local mountains.
We are seeking a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our team. This position will support the Marketing and Communications Department in identifying areas of improvement to increase brand awareness, growing our social media presence, and engaging with our active community online and in person. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with multiple social media channels and will have an appetite to learn and share knowledge about environmental science online and in person.
- Curate and directly engage in managing TreePeople’s social media community across several platforms including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Identify and engage in online trends and trending conversations.
- Work with the Marketing and Social Media Manager to generate and schedule/post content.
- Attend and document events for Treepeople’s blog and social media content.
- Manage hyperlocal press/media database and outreach.
- Attend TreePeople’s community and fundraising events as needed.
- Manage TreePeople’s blog and create SEO optimized content on key topics related to the organization’s brand.
- Create detailed reporting of key performance metrics and social media analytics across various platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior brand, marketing and social media experience in internships and/or volunteer roles required
- Highly-organized, friendly, smart, proactive and a quick-learner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: listening, negotiating, public speaking, and writing.
- Strong leadership, team-building and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of the current social media landscape and conversations around the environment on platforms such as Instagram, TikTok and Facebook required.
Proof of COVID-10 vaccination will be required upon hire.