Starting Pay: $20.00 per hour
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
The Rental Shop Team at Arapahoe Basin is committed to giving our guests a day worth repeating every time they enter our Rental shop. We are passionate about skiing and snowboarding and love sharing that passion with our guests.
As a Rental Shop Technician at Arapahoe Basin, you will work as a team to assist and fit guests with their selection of rental gear while answering questions and providing legendary customer service.
This position may also perform maintenance and repairs on ski and snowboard equipment. Rental Technicians fulfill any other duties the Rental Manager, Assistant Manager, Rental Lead assigns and represents Arapahoe Basin in a professional manner.
If you are passionate about the ski industry and want to work in one of the most beautiful places on earth, what are you waiting for? Apply Now!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Work 4, 10-hour shifts. 3 days off.
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- End-of-season bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Promotes the culture, values, and mission of Arapahoe Basin.
- Work as a team to provide exceptional customer service to all guests in the rental shop to provide them with a day worth repeating.
- Greet guests and identify their needs as they enter the shop.
- Understand and communicate the rental & demo equipment packages and features to ensure the best match for the guests.
- Ensure guests are well-equipped for a day on the mountain.
- Fit guests with their needed rental equipment including boots, helmets, skis/snowboard, ski poles, etc.
- Demonstrate a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard.
- Properly utilize the RTP rental system to ensure all equipment is correctly checked out and checked in when returned.
- Process returns of rental gear after guest use.
- Maintain rental fleet and inventory.
- Assist with tracking equipment and inventory regularly.
- Maintain general cleanliness of the rental shop and surrounding areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Highschool Diploma or Equivalent.
- Previous rental experience or customer service experience – Preferred
- Experience and knowledge of rental software systems - Preferred
- Experience with ski and snowboard tuning and binding adjustments - Preferred
- Excellent teamwork and guest services skills
- Basic computer skills
- English fluency
- Friendly, personable and comfortable working with people
- Experience with rental POS systems - preferred
- Disciplined, responsible and accountable
- Ability to use basic math to ensure correct set up of rental gear technical settings.
- Basic ability to use hand tools
- Ability to stand and walk for and up to 10-hour shift.
- Ability to lift boots, bindings and skis frequently throughout each shift.
- Ability to operate tuning equipment and general tools.
- Use full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to navigate stairs.
- Must withstand high altitude conditions at all times.
- Passion for the snow sports industry
- Must pass ski manufacturers' binding certification (on-the-job training provided).
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Must be available on weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- You will work almost 100% indoors but in a high-altitude environment. Most work time is spent standing assisting customers with rental equipment. A very high amount of guest interaction is required for this role.