Starting Pay: $20.50 per hour
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
The Rentals Team at Arapahoe Basin is committed to giving our guests a “day worth repeating” every time they enter our Rental and Tune Shop. We are passionate about skiing and snowboarding and love sharing that passion with our guests.
As a Tune Tech at A-Basin, you will work as a team to provide exceptional tuning service for guests’ gear while answering questions and providing legendary customer service. The Tune Tech operates the Base N’ Edge Tune Shop with responsibilities of high-quality tune service and knowledgeable guest interactions. This role is responsible for day-to-day business operations including timely service and maintenance of the Tune Shop’s equipment and cleanliness.
This position will perform maintenance and repairs on ski and snowboard equipment for guests and the rental fleet. This position will also assist with the Rental Shop’s operations, depending on business volume.
Rental Tune Techs are eligible for a staging program that relates to applicable pay based on experience. See the staging requirements and schedule below.
Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- 4 10-hour shifts; 3 days off
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski mountains and areas
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- Year-round bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Work as a team to provide exceptional customer service to all guests in the Rental and Tune Shop to provide them with a “day worth repeating”
- Work with Tune and Rental Shop staff on a day-to-day basis to maintain tune shop standards of service, timeliness, and cleanliness.
- Understand and perform all levels of tune functions including: binding mounts, binding certifications, Crystal One tune services, base welds, side wall repairs, edging, waxing, etc.
- Understand and communicate the Tune Shop’s services to meet guests’ needs
- Execute the rental fleet maintenance plan and tune rental fleet on timely basis
- Maintain MONTANA tuning equipment including regular cleaning/maintenance
- Work with Rental Shop staff and act as Rental Tech when needed; fit guests with rental equipment including: boots, helmets, skis/snowboard, ski poles, etc.
- Demonstrate a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard.
- Ensure that equipment testing, tuning, and accident procedures are followed
- Look for ways to improve processes, guest experience, and employee experience
- Promote the culture, values, and mission of A-Basin
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous rental experience or customer service experience
- Previous experience in ski tuning and maintenance
- Previous experience with MONTANA tuning equipment - preferred
- Excellent teamwork and guest services skills
- Basic computer skills; knowledge of programs including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and POS systems for rentals
- Ability to speak and read English
- Ability to multitask
- Basic math to ensure correct setup of technical settings for rental gear
- Ability to withstand high-altitude conditions at all times
- Ability to stand, walk, and navigate stairs throughout a 10-hour shift
- Ability to lift boots, bindings, and skis frequently throughout each shift
- Ability to operate tuning equipment and basic hand tools
- Ability to use full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must pass ski manufacturers' binding certification (upon completing the provided training)
- Must be available weekends and holidays
- This position will work almost 100% indoors in a high-altitude environment. Most work time is spent standing, tuning equipment, and/or assisting customers with rental equipment. A very high amount of guest interaction is required for this role.
Tune Tech Staging Program
Tune Tech Level I: See above for essential responsibilities and requirements.
Tune Tech Level II: Pay Range: $16.00 - $18.50/hr
Fulfills all stage I responsibilities and requirements in addition to the following:
- Work with Tune and Rental Shop staff on a day-to-day basis; hold staff accountable to maintain the Tune Shop’s standards of service, timeliness, and cleanliness
- Understand and perform all levels of tune functions including: binding mounts, binding certifications, ASTM Testing and Standards, Crystal One tune services, base welds, side wall repairs, edging, waxing, etc.
- Coordinate the rental fleet maintenance program; tune rental fleet with the Rentals Manager
- Promote sales through a comprehensive knowledge of ski and snowboard tuning services; share this knowledge with Rental Shop staff
- Direct staff and ensure that equipment testing, tuning, and accident procedures are followed
- At least 1 year of previous tuning experience - previous