Pay Range: $20.00-22.00/hr
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
The Arapahoe Sports team at Arapahoe Basin is fun-loving and thrives on providing each guest a “day worth repeating”. Sharing our knowledge and love for the outdoors with our customers to help them find high-quality gear that fits their specific needs is what we aim to achieve.
As a Retail Sales Agent, you are face-to-face with our customers and are there to ensure all of their needs are met, while completing other various tasks throughout the day.
Retail Sales Agents will strive to create a welcoming environment to all guests while providing knowledge of our products to make suggestions and ultimately sell the product that best fits any one person's needs.
Other duties of this role include checking in new inventory, restocking inventory, and operating a POS register system while handling cash.
Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- 40% off in Arapahoe Sports and perks for certain sales contests
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here !
- Assist guests in a timely and efficient manner with all types of retail purchases using knowledge of all retail items available for sale
- Use POS system and cash-handling skills to complete retail transactions and refunds
- Stock items daily throughout the store
- Complete phone and online sales for customers including shipping of the products sold
- Process returns and exchanges in accordance with company policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous retail experience – preferred
- Basic math and counting skill for reconciling a cash register
- Excellent guest-service skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to withstand high-altitude conditions at all times
- Ability stand and walk throughout an 8-hour shift
- Ability to navigate stairs occasionally
- Ability to use full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, push, and pull
- Must be available weekends and holidays
- This position will mostly work indoors in a retail store located in a high-alpine environment in all types of weather conditions. Most work is performed in a highly trafficked area in view of guests and there is a high amount of guest interaction. Riding a chairlift may be required for this role. A small amount of time may be spent outside shoveling snow or removing ice.