WHAT MAKES VOA SPECIAL
Volunteers of America Colorado believes unique challenges require unique and thoughtful solutions. VOA creates specialized programs to meet the critical needs of the communities we serve—our programs across Colorado look different because each community is distinct. Volunteers of America recognizes the senior who needs assistance with her grocery shopping in Fort Collins, and the student in Aurora who has never been to summer camp. We support Denver’s homeless veterans who have been underserved, and prepare preschoolers challenged by poverty to be successful in elementary school and beyond. Wherever we go we engage faith, relationship-building, and volunteers to lift-up and support Colorado’s most vulnerable citizens.
The Program Assistant assists in coordinating programmatic logistics, operations and reporting requirements for the Southwest Safehouse and Home Again Partnership. Job duties include compiling and reviewing data to meet internal and external reporting requirements; composing program-related documents and narratives; preparing invoices for payment; organizing time schedules for meetings, travel, and other operations. The Program Assistant will be expected to receive extensive training related to VOA requirements and providing trauma informed care to survivors of domestic violence.
· Prepare and code SWSH invoices and process other operational and administrative paperwork.
· Maintain billing spreadsheet and assist with budget preparation.
· Compose written materials and maintain spreadsheets in support of on-going program operations and logistics.
· Input data into Service Point. Coordinate reporting with database management officer in Denver.
· Submit accurate monthly reports for grant reporting and assist in compiling information, materials and statistics needed for
effective program operation.
· Work with program management to organize meetings and staff time schedules.
· Assist direct service staff as needed by delivering and collecting documents.
· Maintain client confidentiality and perform job responsibilities in accordance with the Social Work Code of Ethics.
· Attend all meetings when requested both within Volunteers of America and in the community.
· Predictable, consistent attendance
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
· Associates degree with emphasis in administrative related area or equivalent relevant experience required.
· One year of clerical or administrative experience required.
· Experience in all Microsoft Outlook products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Preferred Qualifications of Position
· Candidates with experience working with homeless population and domestic violence survivors may receive priority.
· Spanish speaking a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
· Sitting or standing at a desk for long periods of time in an office environment. Some lifting and carrying of loads up to 30 pounds may occasionally be required. Some driving around town required.
Part time, 20 hours per week
$17.50-$19.50 per hour
BENEFITS (eligibility is based on job type/status)
Vacation Time/Separate Sick Time/
Paid Holidays/Floating Holidays/Personal Days
Pension Plan/403b Retirement Plan with Agency Match
Health, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance
Life Insurance/Accident Insurance/Short & Long-Term Disability
Employee Assistance/Work Life Balance Program
Employee Discount Program
LifeLock with Norton
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Coming Soon: Fully Company Paid Unlimited Mental Health Benefits for Employees on the VOAC Health Plan
Volunteers of America is an EEO/AA Employer