Bizzell Global, a division of The Bizzell Group LLC (Bizzell), a management consulting firm with a fast-growing international development portfolio that specializes in monitoring, evaluation, and learning; global health; youth, and economic development is seeking is recruiting a Chief of Party for an anticipated Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) platform for USAID/Tanzania. The Chief of Party will be responsible for the technical, contractual, and financial compliance and performance of services delivered under the award. The position is full-time, based in Dar es Salaam, and contingent on funding.
- Manage the project team and responsible for the overall implementation and management of the USAID/Tanzania MEL Support Platform.
- Lead all project planning, implementation, and evaluation;
- Serve as the primary point of contact with and represent the project to USAID, implementing partners, host country officials, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Provide leadership in and oversight to performance and impact evaluations, sector and baseline assessments, research and analysis, performance monitoring and evaluation capacity building, knowledge management, and collaborating, learning, and adapting;
- Proactively identify resources required by the project, including consultants and subcontractors, and develop scopes of work for the same;
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of all contract deliverables and work products;
- Directly or indirectly supervise all project staff and consultants;
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Bizzell and host country rules, regulations, and laws, including those related to procurement and labor and employment;
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, planning, management, and presentation skills
- At least ten years of professional experience in international development, including overseas leadership positions;
- At least eight years of experience related to monitoring, evaluation, and learning;
- Strong multi-cultural, interpersonal, and supervision skills
- Previous Chief of Party experience or equivalent (e.g., Team Leader, Country Director) on a USAID-funded award;
- Demonstrated familiarity with USAID’s Program Cycle, monitoring and evaluation requirements, and collaborating, learning, and adapting principles; and
- Collaborative, professional credentials to be able to establish close, trustful relations for pursuing earnest organizational learning with, particularly USAID/country office’s American and country National senior professional staff and leadership, including the Mission Director’s Office
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Master’s degree or higher in business administration, international development, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, economics, statistics, or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance monitoring and data collection methods, evaluation designs, knowledge management, and/or adaptive management processes is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading large-scale international donor MEL projects is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-cultural project teams with diverse backgrounds and skills.
- Strong interpersonal and oral presentation skills
- Knowledge is Kiswahili is a plus.
The Bizzell Group, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Professional Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. As a covered Federal contractor, Bizzell must comply with the President's Executive Order 14042 and the follow-on guidance issued by Safer Federal Workforce Task Force on COVID-19 Workplace Safety. Therefore, all US-based Bizzell employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022, to include staff working from home.
The Bizzell Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities based on race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive, and respectful work culture that values all.