Trellance is a leading provider of business analytics and technology consulting for credit unions, helping them meet the financial needs of today’s digital consumer. With a comprehensive suite of data science solutions, professional staffing, and professional services, the Trellance team ensures credit unions increase efficiency, manage risk, and improve member experience. As credit unions’ tech partner, Trellance brings them to the next frontiers of fintech, filled with powerful tools such as artificial intelligence and machine learning.
The primary purpose of this job is to lead multiple data management disciplines within the BI Reporting and Analytics team. This position will begin documenting the lineage for custom tables and reports created by the reporting team so that the transformation of the data from source to target is clear as well as data quality review, documentation and recommendations. Ideal candidate for this role will help Reporting Team to be able to use the Data Lake and other productionized databases tables with confidence and be aware of their limitations.
• Document lineage, source to target, for SQL and Python ETL processes used to create reporting tables.
• Document lineage for Tableau reports reviewing source data, custom queries, and Tableau Prep recipes (pipelines).
• Accountable for providing accurate and complete data lineage documentation for project deliverables.
• Organize available documentation on Data Lake databases and tables.
• Analyze data lake tables to determine purpose and validity of the data with high priority to existing table(s) that impact current BI reports followed by requests and projects.
• Create validation and data quality metrics as well as a process to run metrics and report results systematically. Data Quality includes defining data quality rules ensuring data is measured and trusted. This may include working with project teams to define data quality requirements as well as ensuring ongoing assessments of data quality.
• Demonstrates the ability to lead efforts of analysis and resolution of problems or issues; identifies when and how to escalate problems to the appropriate level.
• Interpret findings and formulate recommendations to share with team. Clearly articulate findings and observations and make recommendations as appropriate.
• Designing data controls and data validation processes.
• Performing data analysis and data mining using SQL and other tools.
• Developing visualizations in Tableau and other tools.
· Ability to work/support cross-functional data migration project that impact current reporting.
· Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Engineering or a related field is required.
Company / Industry Knowledge:
Prior experience in credit union or financial services industries is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience in consumer lending industry (i.e., auto loans, student loans, personal loans, or credit cards) and business analytics including but not limited to marketing analytics, pricing analytics, profitability analytics, statistical analysis within a financial services environment
• Hands-on skills in R/Python, SQL, Tableau, Excel, PowerPoint, and proficiency working with large dataset are required.
• Experience working in data lake and/or data warehouse platforms (cloud and on prem) as well as transformation/migration projects
• Proven experience leading projects or programs in which data management practices and tools were applied to address data management risks and concerns.
• Prior consulting experience a plus.
• Some travel (up to 25%) may be required to client site.