Kythera Space Solutions is the leading provider of dynamic management systems for next generation satellite payloads. Sophisticated communication satellites with channelization and beam forming capabilities promise satellite operators and their customers extraordinary flexibility and newfound complexity. Kythera’s intelligent, real-time systems make it easy to harness the power of high-throughput satellites.
Kythera Space Solutions is seeking mid-level back-end software developers / engineers to design, build, test, and enhance complex, real-time software systems and products for our space solutions business.
If you are a creative thinker with outstanding development skills who enjoys collaborative cross-team and customer engagement, join the Kythera team developing next generation, satellite resource management optimization solutions.
• Design and develop back-end software (including integrations with database/front end) for both existing and new products in line with software requirements
• Create analogous unit test for software components
• Debug software and correct defects
• Collaborate with other team members, departments, and customers
• Participate in Agile development processes, as required
• Continue to grow your software expertise by learning from senior developers, while also mentoring junior developers
Strong development, mathematical and problem-solving skills required. Successful candidates will have exposure to some combination of the following: object-oriented design, micro services, containerization, data structures, communication protocols, optimization algorithm development.
• 4+ years of experience in software and/or software product development
• Strong C++ skills
• 3+ years of experience programming in C++
• 2+ years of experience with modern C++ (C++11 or later)
• Experience using CMake as a build management framework for C++
• Experience with software application development on Linux
• Experience in an Agile software engineering methodology
• Experience in developing mission-critical or high availability real-time software a plus
• Experience with the Google Test and Google Mock C++ unit testing frameworks is a plus
Education: Bachelors or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical degrees with demonstrated experience
Candidates must have a proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment, strategize on complex problems, and think outside the box to find solutions. Strong communication and writing skills are an absolute must. Candidates must also be self-motivated and self-managing of their workload to meet deliverable deadlines.
If this sounds like you and you enjoy working in a small company where every day is new, you see the impact of your contributions, and can collaborate with the best in the field, then please apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (EOE/AA M/F/D/V/SO/GI)