We offer excellent benefits including free medical insurance for full time employees!
Come find out what makes 75 State Street so special!
Located in the historic West End neighborhood of Portland, Maine, 75 State Street is a nonprofit senior community offering a continuum of care that includes Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our mission is to promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of older people of all financial abilities by offering supportive programs and services in an urban, residential setting.
We are currently looking for full time and part time Bussers and are offering a sign-on bonus of $500 for full time employees!
POSITION SUMMARY: To perform food service duties that support the Dining Services Department, serving residents living in an Assisted Living Facility. Supports kitchen staff in meeting the requests and needs for the residents’ meal service, while following the practices, policies and procedures of 75 State Street.
- Support serving line during meal service.
- Bring out meals if waitstaff need assistance
- Remove plates, utensils and glasses from tables after diners are done eating
- Wipe up spills and food from tables
- Replace cutlery and glassware for next meal service
- Refill drinking glasses with water
- Refill paper napkins, salt & pepper shakers, and any other depleted condiments
- Close dining room by cleaning chairs and tables, ensure floors are clean
- Maintain resident confidentiality and abide by all relevant HIPAA and HITECH regulations and uphold Resident Rights.
- Project a positive image of the organization at all times.
- Avoid waste of resident and facility resources.
- Work cooperatively and productively with coworkers.
- Must value and foster an environment that ensures respect, support and safety for all members of the 75 State Street community, and actively promote the expansion of ideas, perspectives, and understanding that comes from having a diverse and inclusive community.
- Follow safety procedures and report safety hazards promptly, according to policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Under the overall direction of the Executive Chef, must be able to work independently.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with people effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and stressful situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Flexible with work schedule; willing to work evenings, weekends and overtime.
Benefits: Excellent benefit package including; employer paid health, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life, long and short term disability, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and generous earned time. Excellent working environment.