Avesta Housing is seeking a warm, enthusiastic, welcoming Host to perform dining and food service duties that support the Dining Services Department, serving residents at our 75 State Street location.
About Seventy Five State Street
Located in the historic West End neighborhood of Portland, Maine, 75 State Street is a nonprofit senior community offering a continuum of care that includes Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our mission is to promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of older people of all financial abilities by offering supportive programs and services in an urban, residential setting. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of assisted living services in a nurturing home designed to enhance the quality of life, respect personal dignity, and to provide “peace of mind” to each resident as well as to their respective family.
What it's Like to Work Here
Our team members have positive attitudes, are creative problem solvers, and share a dedication to providing our residents with sincere and thoughtful care. Our shared commitment to improving the lives of others, strengthening our community, and ensuring compliance with state and federal standard of care requirements gives us purpose and inspires our best work. Our workplace culture and continuous opportunities for growth have resulted in Avesta's Seventy Five State Street location being a popular place to work.
What We're Looking For
The person who is ready for this opportunity will have 1 or more years’ experience as a host, (preferably in a healthcare setting) and meet the following requirements:
- Excellent judgment
- Caring attitude
- Detail oriented
- Good communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as a part of a team, under the direction of the Food Services Supervisor
- Able to remain calm and welcoming under pressure
- Have a flexible schedule and willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of working in a kitchen or dining atmosphere and handling food
Click HERE to view the full job description for the Host position.
This position is Part-time. This is a non-exempt/hourly position that pays $14-$16 per hour.
We have excellent employee benefits, including:
- Employer-paid health and dental plans for employees
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate vested match of up to 6%
- Employer-paid basic life, long-term and short-term disability
- Free mental health counseling
- 7 paid holidays
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Generous earned time, starting with 19 days in first year of employment
- Professional development assistance
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Ready to Apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please click through to our Employment Application and apply today!