Come work for Meridian at our facility in Teterboro, New Jersey!
Meridian's proud history dates back over 75 years. Over the decades, our dedication to putting safety first and providing exceptional customer service has become the cornerstone of our culture. Meridian is proud to have earned numerous industry awards and accolades for our high safety standards and outstanding service, which is only possible because of the great people that work here.
At Meridian, we are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals who understand that their actions will leave a lasting impression upon our customers and the reputation of our company.
Security Officers maintain the physical security for Meridian Teterboro including: facilities, properties, employees and customers. We are currently hiring for a full-time position to work Sunday through Thursday, 6:00 am to 2:30 pm. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Pay starts at $17.00 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a secure perimeter
- Perform inspections of the facilities and surrounding perimeter
- Check and record all vehicle and pedestrian entries to/from the facility
- Determine the authenticity and validity of all seeking facility access
- Control ramp access
- Assist with passengers and baggage
- Stay abreast of all local, national and world security concerns which might affect airport and/or company security
- Record and notify security supervisor of any and all abnormal occurrences/suspicious activities
- Maintain a professionally-pressed and well-groomed appearance
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Monitor company video surveillance
- Provide escorts on the ramp as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for complying with and participating in Meridian’s Safety Management System and OSHA training and program
- This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measures, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- The ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations
- Flexibility to occasionally work other hours/shifts when needed. Must be available to work holidays and overtime when needed.
Certificates and Licenses:
S.O.R.A. Certification required
CPR Certification recommended
First Aid and Defibrillator Certification preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high; precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use the hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms: climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by the position include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and color vision.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Meridian is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. Equal opportunity is afforded to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.