About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 170 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington DC and Tempe, Arizona.
Landscape Architecture Studio Summary
Ayers Saint Gross landscape architects specialize in the design of the natural environment, seamlessly integrating architecture and site. Our work demonstrates an appreciation of regional distinctions through the use of local construction materials, indigenous plants, and site-specific design solutions. For over 25 years, our team has offered a wealth of experience working with campuses, cultural institutions, and in urban contexts to ultimately help our clients express their values through carefully conceived and well-executed landscape spaces. As a multidisciplinary firm, we work both independently and in collaboration with our in-house architects, planners, interior designers, and graphic designers.
The Senior Landscape Architect will collaborate effectively with studio, office, and firm design leaders in the delivery of projects that demonstrate excellence in design, sound technical execution, and a commitment to sustainability. This individual is responsible for providing site design leadership and business development within a growing landscape architecture practice. Tasks include project leadership, scheduling coordination, project management, mentorship, and thought leadership.
Business Development and Thought Leadership
- Engage in proactive business development through the identification of new prospects for the firm. Develop and implement specific plans of action for each new prospect.
- Build and leverage existing client relationships for the acquisition of new work.
- Collaborate with leaders and staff across all studios within the firm to cross-sell services and deliver high quality projects on time and within budget.
- Demonstrate thought leadership through aspirational ideas that bring something new to the studio or firm with follow-up to ensure that those ideas are incorporated into multiple projects.
- Contribute to the development of an annual business plan, that sets short-term and long-term strategic goals for the Landscape Architecture studio.Actively network and represent the firm’s expertise at industry events and conferences.
Site Design and Project Leadership
- Provide site design leadership by developing and preparing design documents including analysis, conceptual design, guidelines, reports, final presentation materials, schematic design packages, design development packages, and construction documentation packages.
- Demonstrate project leadership through the ability to guide a project from a collaborative conceptual beginning into technical development and successful implementation.
- Demonstrates high standards of professionalism, character, enthusiasm, and passion.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills, design creativity, and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Recognition and appreciation for all employees and the services they provide to our clients.
- Possesses strong presentation skills and represents the firm enthusiastically at conferences and other external marketing events. Accountable for actions with demonstrated confidence and initiative to make visions a reality.
- Excels at business development by possessing the unique ability to get others to buy into their vision and naturally generates a sense of excitement about the work being performed.
- Displays a mentor mindset in teaching staff while being equally receptive and flexible to new and creative ideas.
- Ability to manage challenging issues.
- An employee-ownership mindset.
Minimum Required Experience, Education, and Certifications
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible leadership roles with experience in schematic design, design development, construction documentation, and construction administration working with mission driven clients, cultural institutions, and in urban contexts. Experience developing new business while working in a multi-disciplinary firm is a plus.
- Education: Bachelor or Master of Landscape Architecture degree from an accredited program. Additional degrees and/or experience in Architecture, Urban Design and Planning are a plus.
- Certifications/License: Licensed professional Landscape Architect, SITES certification a plus.
- Technology: Must have demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity with and ability to manage employees working with visualization and other software packages (i.e., Revit) is a plus.
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture to the community.
ASG is a respected leader in the community offering comprehensive benefits and a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com. Please include a link to your online portfolio with your resume.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.