This position reports directly to the High School Principal and is the liaison between high school faculty and the principal. Under the direction of the High School Principal, this person coordinates all high school-related correspondence to our faculty, manages the calendar & meetings for the HS principal, coordinates agendas for HS team meetings, processes HS faculty time off through Paylocity, and plans and coordinates all major high school events and activities.
- Assist High School Principal by scheduling team meetings, interfacing with faculty on faculty support, managing HS Principal’s calendar, and preparing HS agendas, calendars & handbooks.
- Work with HS Principal on Events including In-Service Week, 6th-12th Back to School Night, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Feast, Staff Christmas Luncheon, Senior Leadership meeting for Graduation Planning, Senior “Finish Strong”, HS Awards Ceremony, Senior Blessings, Senior Ridge Run, Book Buyback, Staff End of Year Luncheon, Graduation (principal script and program), special office lunches – Facility requests, set up, communication, reminders
- Initiate and edit/proofread Principal’s correspondence with faculty and staff – reminders, schedules, documents
- Schedule of Master Calendar (events, days off, 1/2 days, holidays, drills, PD, late start Thursday schedules, student leadership dates, birthdays, etc.)
- Create a 10-month school calendar for parents and staff
- Summer newsletter to staff and summer newsletter to parents (request biographies, in-service dates, department news, letters)
- New Staff Onboarding – emails, login, computer, fingerprints, office set up, etc.
- Receive & supervise students in high school administrative offices
- Collaborate with High School Dean of Student Life
- Working with Principal on hospitality, including meals & gifts
- Work with the Admissions & Guidance departments on All-School Registration
- Maintain a clear testimony that demonstrates faith in Jesus Christ
- Participate as an active member of the PRCA educational team
- Attend educational team meetings as appropriate
- Assist in accomplishing campus goals
- Maintain regular punctual attendance to meet work responsibilities
- Use of personal vehicle for errands during work hours
- Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as an executive administrative assistant and possess the desire to work as a part of a team, in a fast-paced environment. Must have the ability to multitask and be pulled off-task regularly. Applicants must be proficient with Microsoft Office and have a good working knowledge of Google drive. Prior experience with Paylocity and Blackbaud is also helpful but not necessary. High school graduation and school experience are desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of general clerical procedures
- Proficient in keyboarding
- Skills in operating general office equipment
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to file information accurately
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the general public