This position can be located in our Cincinnati OH, Louisville KY, Minneapolis MN or Pittsburgh PA offices.
At GBBN, architecture goes beyond buildings, because positively affecting people is the most important thing we do. We believe in the intersection of Design, Market and Technical expertise. Our vision is to be a firm sought out by the best and most creative talent and clients who share our passion for the role design plays in their own competitive transformations. This journey we are on fuels us every day to design better, think better and collaborate better. National recognition isn’t something that’s bestowed—it’s earned - every project, every day.
As a Project Designer, we expect a holistic, integrated thinker who seamlessly blends perspectives and balances competing challenges to create integrated solutions that inspire and stand the test against cost-saving measures. The Project Designer should have broad context and a broad understanding of global and community culture, history, social interaction, and imagery to inspire and inform innovative designs that push beyond perceived boundaries and reimagine the possibilities.
The Project Designer is responsible for guiding the creation, development, and implementation of design concepts for multiple projects across all phases in a manner that is consistent with the client program, budget, schedule and GBBN design standards. This individual should be enthusiastically engaged in leadership for activities centered around establishing project direction and design philosophy, planning, programing, graphic depiction and publish-worthy documents.
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- Experienced in Healthcare Design
- Able to lead clients and teams through the process
- Naturally curious, always seeking new approaches
- A confident, insightful and concise communication style
- A highly-talented Designer
- Curious, a life-long learner able to find opportunities in challenges
- An outstanding presenter, able to clearly articulate Design choices and rationale to clients in a manner that brings them on the journey
- Collaborative and consultative in approach, working effectively with Market Presidents, project teams and clients
- A big picture lens, able to synthesize all aspects of a project into a cohesive vision
- A natural multi-tasker who is comfortable managing competing priorities
- A Design expert who will serve as a mentor to her/his direct reports
- Committed to advancing sustainability and resiliency through the work
- Driven by a social consciousness and empathy to the human experience to leverage Design for the betterment of others
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Revit, Rhino, AutoCAD, Photo editing, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
Education and Experience
- 8-10 years of design experience with experience leading Design projects.
- Professional Architect License.
- Demonstrated experience working on AIA award winning project(s).