Project Start Date: July 25, 2022
Project End Date: August 19, 2022
Project Work Schedule: Monday – Wednesday, 9am – 1pm
Work Site: ArtWorks Studio; 424 Findlay Street, Cincinnati, OH
BLINK Cincinnati has commissioned ArtWorks to create an interactive audio-visual public artwork for the festival returning to downtown Cincinnati this October. ArtWorks will collaborate with project lead MASARY Studios based in Boston, MA in the pre-production phase of the artwork. The project, which is titled “Massively Distributed,” will consist of audio and visual samples from the physical Cincinnati community, curated into a web-app instrument. Four ArtWorks Youth Apprentices will be tasked with capturing these audio-visual samples from around the city, engaging in basic editing, file management, and labeling. An artist from MASARY Studios will collaborate with the ArtWorks Youth Apprentices and Lead Teaching Artist throughout the process and guide the sample scouting, capture, and selection process. MASARY will be responsible for creating and managing the web-app. The completed web-app will be available for the public to use before and during the festival, and all public-created submissions from the Youth Apprentices (short audio-visual artworks) will be presented in large-scale video projection with sound during BLINK 2022.
Youth who have interests in photography, sound, and digital editing (both photo and audio editing) are encouraged to apply.
ArtWorks is an award-winning Greater Cincinnati nonprofit that transforms people and places through investments in creativity. The organization collaborates with community organizations and residents, businesses, governments, foundations and nonprofits to build creative works of art that bolster the region’s global reputation as an arts destination. ArtWorks employs professional artists who inspire and mentor diverse teams of youth, ages 14-21, helping them build 21st century career-readiness skills. These teams have completed more than 14,000 public and private art projects in its 25 years, including more than 200 permanent outdoor murals.
· Must be at least 14 years old and no older than 21 years by the project start date.
· All ArtWorks employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the first day of employment. The vaccination series should be completed no later than 14 days prior to the first day of employment. Proof of vaccination or valid exemption will be required if hired. Please reach out to email@example.com if you have questions.
The successful candidate will be
· A team-player, hard-working and an independent achiever with a “can do” attitude, must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
· Inquisitive and imaginative.
· Ready and willing to learn from and work with professional artists.
How to Apply
· You will be asked to upload several documents in the application portal. Please review the items below and take time to prepare in advance of starting your application. Note that you will need to upload using the additional materials button as a dox or pdf file no larger than 4 mb.
· Items needed in your application:
- Personal Essay or Cover Letter (Download PDF directions)
- Art Samples (3 pieces) (Download PDF directions)
- Resume (optional) (Visit this website for help with creating a resume)
Application Deadline July 5, 2022
ArtWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strongly committed to building and retaining a diverse staff that creates an inclusive workplace which harnesses each voice to collectively advance ArtWorks’ mission.