Do you enjoy drilling down numbers on pricing and budgets? How about getting down to the nitty gritty on projects in the preconstruction phase? Us too!
Our Bottom Line:
At Findorff, we push ourselves to build better by going beyond. For over 132 years, we’ve forged the foundation of one of the nation’s most trusted construction firms. But we’re so much more than hammers and nails. Here, we strengthen relationships and shape communities. And our real bottom line is our people.
- Prepare bid package strategy and required documentation
- Lead project through bidding of construction documents and handoff to Project Management
- Provide cost and constructability feedback on design issues to the Owner and/or Architect.
- Ensure budget updates are provided to Owner and/or Architect when needed and as promised
- Develop and drive a preconstruction schedule with key milestone dates identified.
- Establish document completion dates and assure required documents for each phase are complete.
- Lead document review for constructability issues, scope creep, etc.
- Take an active role in value engineering, suggest alternative products and/or systems when applicable
- Utilize knowledge of historical costs to challenge our budgets and estimate pricing
- Competitive pay and benefits
- A people-first, inclusive culture
- Onsite fitness center
- Dress-for-your-day philosophy
- Heated underground parking
- Generous PTO
- Ability to work from home from time to time
- Flexible schedules
- Findorff Shop credit to buy company swag
- Career growth and development
- 7+ years of preconstruction experience, preferably with a self-performing commercial general contractor
- A broad knowledge of building systems and construction methods
- An understanding of the complexities and sequences of all construction activities
- A strong mathematical aptitude, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, Finance or related field (experience will be considered in lieu of degree
Diversity matters. Findorff recognizes the talents of all, appreciating the different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives that make us a stronger company and partner for the communities we live and work in.