PROGRAM SUMMARY: Easterseals Chicago Family Connections (CFC) provide services in Early Intervention. The CFCs support families of infants and toddlers who have delays in development or are at risk for significant developmental delay. We serve the south side of Chicago and the southwest suburbs with locations in Evergreen Park (CFC #8) and the Tinley Park area (CFC #12).
POSITION LOCATION: This position is located in Child Family Connection #12, at 17300 Ozark Avenue, Tinley Park, IL 60477.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Service Coordinator, under the supervision of the Program Manager/Assistant Program Manager, is responsible for all coordination activities outlined in the CFC Procedure Manual (DHS-EI) for each assigned family from Early Intervention referral until the case is closed. The Service Coordinator will comply with the standards set forth in the HIPAA and FERPA privacy acts as well as the Easterseals Confidentiality agreement to protect the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information of all children and families served. This position will be entry level.
- Receive referrals; develop, maintain and process the permanent Early Intervention case record.
- Provide information about the Early Intervention Service System, including Rights and Procedural Safeguards, and available advocacy services to families.
- Conduct intake activities for all assigned families.
- Completion of initial and annual eligibility determination including insurance verification and Family Participation Fee information per DHS policies.
- Coordinate evaluations/assessments necessary for the development of the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP).
- Facilitate the development of the IFSP within the required 45 days of the referral date.
- Monitor the integrity of each IFSP developed and maintained through accurate, timely, and complete implementation of the services that the IFSP team agreed to with the Parent/Guardian's written consent.
- Monitor that EI funds (Part C of IDEA) are the payor of last resort to the extent allowed by law. This includes assisting the family in accessing resources, including but not limited to, Medicaid, AllKids, Division of Specialized Care (DSCC), and Private Health Insurance.
- Comply with the minimum communication policy with each enrolled family to ensure the family is well informed and an active participant in the program.
- Assure that the IFSP of each family on the SC caseload is reviewed at least every six months and updated annually, that transition to Part B/Special Education services occurs 90 days prior to the child’s third birthday, and that case closure activities occur according to the CFC Procedure Manual.
- Know and implement the philosophy of the Illinois Early Intervention System.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Service or Social Service field required
- Knowledge of typical/atypical child development
- Obtain EI Service Coordination DHS credential
- Valid driver’s license
- Auto insurance
- Reliable vehicle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity and respect for families of children with disabilities
- Ability to make home visits with laptop computer and case
- Complete data entry and phone conversations within large group offices
- Obtain El Service Coordination DHS credential
- Ability to maintain DHS credentials through required continuing education
ADA: Easterseals will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act of 1990. Unless exempted by the Americans with Disabilities Act, all persons hired for this position are required to possess the ability to perform the physical tasks necessary to treat clients, i.e., bending, floor-sitting, etc., as well as to have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently