Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to be a part of a continuously growing community-based organization? Do you want to work for one of the 2021 and 2022 AJC Top Workplaces? If you want a rewarding career, Goshen Valley Foundation is for you! Goshen Valley Foundation is a leading provider of services for children and families. Goshen Valley is looking for a therapist who will help launch our therapeutic team at Goshen Valley Boys Ranch. There will be multiple pathways for upward mobility within the agency as we grow.
Goshen Therapeutic Services, a division of Goshen Valley Foundation, is a community-based social service organization that provides services for children, adults, and families involved with DFCS as well as in the community. We are currently seeking a Licensed Professional Counselor who can provide counseling at Goshen Valley Boys Ranch located in Waleska, GA on our 160-acre campus, or in the client's school during daytime hours located in Canton, GA.
Goshen offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees including:
- Health Benefits
- 401K Retirement
- Paid Time off
- Life Insurance benefit
- Performance Paid bonuses
- Sign on Bonuses
- Cell phone stipend
Job Type: Full-Time Employee
The counselor's position is a foundational component of the program’s overall success.
Licensed Professional Counselor Responsibilities:
- Upon receiving a referral, conduct an initial assessment, assess the individual’s history, and determine
- diagnosis, and review the DFCS case plan.
- Provide individual counseling to boys at Goshen Valley Boys Ranch. Sessions can be
- conducted on the ranch and in the school setting.
- Provide family counseling as needed.
- Work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of direct care staff, nursing staff, clinical director, and case managers to help children and families achieve their case plan goals and provide high-quality, trauma-informed care.
- Attend court hearings or case panel hearings to testify as requested by attorneys and DFCS.
- Track units of service and dates of service as outlined by the Authorization provided by Amerigroup.
- Document all services in Electronic Health records.
Goshen Valley does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Therapists are in high demand.
Mileage: .55 cents.
Productivity Expectations: 20 sessions per week.
Sign-up bonuses are available currently.
- Must hold a full license with Georgia’s Secretary of State: LPC, LCSW, LMFT
- Master’s degree in community counseling or related field. (Social Work, Community Mental Health, Marriage and Family Therapy).
- Bilingual preferred
- Must be eligible to be credentialed with Medicaid and CMO’s
- Must demonstrate clinical knowledge and skills to provide assessment and clinical services.
- Must practice by the ethical standards of the professional association and state licensing board.
- Must be of good character, and supportive of the programs, policies, and ideals of GVF.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide moral, ethical, and spiritual leadership that coincides with the program and policies of GVF.
- Must be able to pass drug and background screens, possess a valid driver’s license, and be insurable by GVF’s insurance carrier.
- Must have access to a computer and telephone to contact clients and document services provided.
- Must submit a valid and official transcript showing proof of degree awarded