The Procurement Clerk is responsible for taking purchase requests from various departments and get price quotes from vendors. Additionally, their responsibilities include contacting suppliers to schedule deliveries or to discuss shortages or missed deliveries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares purchase orders
• Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly
• Quoting of products
• Contact vendors to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
• Processes PO’s in database
• Dispatching of products
• Receive product (marking received products as picked and shipped in ConnectWise)
• Communicates professionally both internally and externally in regard to ETA’s of purchases
• Purchases orders, re-orders and special orders with specific vendors
• Occasionally cover front desk for lunch and specific events, and handle all check-ins, candidates for testing center.
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
• Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment
• Demonstrates willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
• Strong multi-tasking, attention to detail, proactive and organizational skills
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.