Who We Are
Here at Interplan, our vision is to create space that celebrates Humanity.
We are on a Mission to be Present with our employees, partners, and clients so that we can deliver a relevant experience and quality drawings. To accomplish this mission, we provide Creativity, Clarity, and Consistency through single-sourced architecture, engineering, and permitting services. How we interact as a team matters, the services that we provide and the way we provide them matters.
We recognize that the more we develop and empower our team, the better we deliver the best possible experience to our clients. And that just makes work feel a little more fun and rewarding for everyone.
It’s our mission to bring the human element to everything we do. We continually cultivate a culture where our clients and employees feel that we care for them, their careers, and their projects and that we will do everything in our power to help them succeed with joy!
What We’re Hiring For
Interplan is a commercial architectural firm founded 50 years ago, specializing in restaurant and retail design work with large nationwide clients. The company has offices in Chicago, Fort Worth, and Orlando. Our Orlando office is growing and we are looking for an Architectural Project Coordinator to join the team! Some of the duties of this position include:
- Produces architectural construction documents.
- Runs a small project or series of small projects with minimal oversight from a Project Architect or Project Manager.
- Solves basic design issues and produces architectural construction documents and specifications.
- Completes designated scope of work within allotted time budgeted.
- Delegates, reviews and accepts responsibility for work of CAD Technicians.
- Assists with coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Researches and applies codes, limited interaction with code enforcement agencies.
- Takes initiative to learn new architectural skills.
- Coordinates with engineering disciplines, including running a kick-off meeting.
- Received and assimilates project information from the Project Architect/ Manager and the client.
- Works with the Project Architect/ Manager to provide the appropriate level of customer service.
We are looking for someone to grow with the company and have a path of development to support all candidates. This position will be a full-time in office position.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- 4+ years of experience working on commercial architecture projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or a combination of schooling and drafting/design experience in an Architectural office preferred
- Preparation of construction documents
- Good understanding of zoning and working knowledge of building codes
- Architectural licensure or path to licensure a plus
- Software requirements: AutoCAD, Photoshop, and Sketchup
- Limited travel opportunities (site visits and client meetings)
- Strong skills with MS office, and Adobe Suites, any Revit is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of MEP drawings and systems is required
- Good understanding of the architects’ scope of services
- Ability to effectively communicate with municipal officials, clients and contractors
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to be a team player as well as work independently
Compensation & Benefits
- Open and collaborative work environment
- Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Active employee lead activities committee
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability and employer paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flex Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health and Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k with Employer Match, Financial Advisor for employees on ongoing Financial Wellness Education
- Performance based Bonus Program