For over 38 years, Bellwether Housing has been Seattle’s largest, and most respected, non-profit organization, providing affordable housing for low-income individuals and families. Bellwether Housing offers an uplifting work environment with a diverse group of talented professionals who are committed to our mission and values of creativity, collaboration, ambition, warm-heartedness, and professionalism.
• Respond to telephone and in-person requests for information on vacancies and tenant qualification requirements.
• Show available units and assist potential tenants with completing rental applications.
• Coordinate comprehensive background checks on potential tenants, including credit, criminal, and rental history.
• Provide Bellwether’s Compliance team with completed rental applications for final processing and approval.
• Track traffic by completing eSite guest cards and weekly traffic reports; update as necessary including eSite move-in processes.
• Responsible for weekly marketing efforts and competitive market surveys.
• Complete new move-in paperwork with residents, including lease signing, move-in inspections, and electrical account setup.
• Complete move-out process for all departing residents, including electrical account close out, rental history, and file archive.
• Assist with the general office duties of the site office including, but not limited to tenant filing, receiving tenant rent payments, and completing maintenance work orders as they come into the office.
• Assist the Site Manager in preparing notices to enter units and other memos.
• Maintain resident contact lists and the parking spreadsheet, including car registration and parking violations.
• Assist the Site Manager with annual recertification paperwork of residents.
• 2 years prior apartment management or leasing experience in the property management industry.
• Equivalent education/experience may substitute for stated requirements.
• High school diploma or GED (equivalent education and experience may be substituted for the stated requirements).
• Exceptional customer service aptitude, including problem-solving skills and the ability to respond quickly and tactfully to both internal and external customer requests.
• Experience in Fair Housing and local Landlord Tenant Law.
• Dependable, highly motivated, and organized individual, skilled at meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Positive attitude a must.
• Experiencing working with Microsoft Office user applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Prior experience working with AMSI or Yardi property management software.
• Prior experience working with Low Income Housing Tax Credit program.
• Experience working with project-based Section 8 income qualification.
• Experience working with social service agencies providing case management services.
• Kingway, a 164-unit building, is located in the Rainier Valley area. Kingway has one, two and three-bedroom units. Kingway serves individuals and families at 50% and 80% AMI.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Compensation: $19.00 - $21.00 per hour DOE, benefits