Founded in 1999, Chmura Economics & Analytics is an applied economic consulting firm specializing in delivering advanced economic analysis. Our core competencies include economic consulting, economic impact studies, custom publications, and our data and software solutions. Our core audiences are economic development, workforce development, site selection, education, and staffing organizations. Chmura has the experience and expertise to transform data into information that drives effective strategy and business solutions. Our premier technology platforms - JobsEQ®, and LaborEQ® - are in widespread use across the United States. Headquartered in Richmond, VA's historic Shockoe Slip and a regional office in Cleveland, Ohio.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Manager to join our growing team. The Human Resources Manager will lead and direct routine functions of the Human Resource (HR) Department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. You will work closely with senior leadership to ensure the smooth running and advancement of the company.
This position will be based out of our historic Richmond, VA office. We are looking for creative and driven people who can perform and grow with our company!
- Prepare and deliver bi-weekly updates on recruiting strategies and results for department leaders
- Partner with hiring managers to develop effective marketplace recruitment strategies
- Utilize multiple recruiting sources and sourcing techniques to identify top talent, including building relationships with third-party organizations, to consistently build a diverse pipeline of candidates
- Work with internal partners such as Marketing to attract potential candidates and hires to continue to grow our company
- Identify target industries, companies, user groups, professional associations or education institutions to proactively create pools of qualified candidates
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants. Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Partners with Chmura leadership to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, and retention.
- Provides support and guidance to the HR department, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS and talent management systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
Education & Experience:
- Candidates who have a strong background in Talent Acquisition are strongly encouraged to apply
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience is required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP is highly desired.