This position is responsible for continuous learning, team mentorship, software design, coding, unit testing, and documentation of applications for our customers. This position will work closely with other Team Members and Heartland’s clients to provide custom .NET and CMS based software solutions. Along with other Sr. Software Engineers on the team, this position is a leadership position that will drive new solutions and technologies within the team as well as for our clients. In addition, this position will also meet with new and existing clients to frame up and estimate new.
Roles and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Mentor other developers on the team in developing scalable, secure, responsive applications.
- Mentor Software Developer Associates and the Youth Apprentice program.
- Active participation and speaking in user groups and industry relevant conferences.
- Collaborate and lead with other team members in creating and updating software development processes and standards.
- Collaborate and lead with other team members in bringing new technologies to the team’s repertoire.
- Solve challenging software development problems.
- Design, code, unit test and documentation of software.
- Develop using cutting edge technologies for customer’s expectations from a time, budget, and technical needs.
- Leverage CMS systems to provide a foundation framework for our customer websites.
- Estimate development effort required to deliver small and large projects.
- Provide application support with focus on customer satisfaction and quality.
- Follow Agile development practices for delivering software components.
- Presales consulting in order to frame in solution architectures.
- Design reusable services and components to build composite applications.
- Provide leadership role in designing applications for our customers.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Coaching and Development – ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company policy.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Innovative – ability to look beyond the standard solutions
- Leadership – Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and perform to the best of their ability.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- 8+ years of experience building web-based applications in the Microsoft stack
- 8+ years of experience working with .NET including C#, ASP.NET MVC, and ADO.NET/Entity Framework
- 8+ years of experience working with object oriented development, utilizing design patterns
- 8+ years of experience working with SQL utilizing MS SQL Server
- 6+ years of experience working with source code repos (GIT, TFS, Azure DevOps)
- 3+ years of experience developing applications using Kentico or another CMS
- 1+ years of experience developing Xamarin apps
- 1+ years of experience developing cloud first applications in Microsoft Azure
- 1+ years of experience developing IoT applications
- 1+ years of experience with React, Vue, Node
- 1+ years of experience with CI/CD automated pipelines
Required Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Associates degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science or related discipline
Preferred Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Kentico Certified Developer
- Exam AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure
- General knowledge of LAMP stack
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets