The Consulting Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting advanced multiplatform solutions to Heartland’s customers.
Roles and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Work as a member of the HBS engineering team providing consultative and proactive project management support to HBS’ account base.
- Design, present, and implement successful customer projects within proposed budgets and timelines.
- Be able to provide project oversight, when project managers are not assigned, to ensure that the engagement is executed within budget. Work with sales to obtain change orders when necessary.
- Prioritize tasks quickly in a dynamic environment across multiple customers.
- Provide presales design documentation and implementation documentation.
- Document advanced procedures and plans related to customer networks/systems software and hardware.
- Focus and assist with the delivery of the entire solution either as a leader, contributor, or facilitator.
- Attend and participate in weekly team calls as directed by the Team Lead.
- Provide sales consultants and fellow Engineers with network and systems design assistance, review, validation, and optimization of systems and protocols.
- Provide next level support of escalations from HBS Managed Services team and\or Secondary Engineer
- Contribute to product selection and research, configuration standards and best practices. Educate our sales teams on these products and services.
- Cross-Education/Mentoring of other Heartland Engineers.
- Work in a team atmosphere as both a leader and contributor as assigned. At all times maintaining a professional and respectful demeanor.
- Obtain design and installation knowledge of the HBS SMB Tech Stack and other solutions\technologies as directed by customer demand.
- Typical daily tasks can include, but not limited to:
- Presales projects design, documentation, and presentation
- Configuration and maintenance of network infrastructure, both wired and wireless
- Monitoring systems and verifying that HBS Best Practices are being followed
- Disaster Recovery planning and documentation
- Server/Storage design and implementation
- Documentation of existing customer infrastructure
- Active Directory design, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Azure Cloud services design, implementation, and maintenance
- Virtualization advanced support and configuration
- General end user support
- Minimum of 1,450 hours billed per fiscal year prorated based on start date. These charge hour requirements will be balanced against professional development and on the job training.
- Accountability: Accountability looks at the extent to which an individual is willing to accept responsibility
- Active Listening: Active listening looks at the extent to which an individual actively attends to, conveys, and understands the comments and questions of others
- Adaptability: Adaptability looks at the extent to which an individual can fit into a changing working environment.
- Business Acumen: Business acumen looks at the ability of the individual to understand and discriminate between various business related topics and issues. This includes insight into, and understanding of, specialized business concepts
- Communication, Oral: Oral Communication skills looks at the extent to which an individual communicates with economy and clarity, actively engaging in conversations in order to clearly understand others' message and intent, and receives and processes feedback.
- Detail Oriented: Detail orientation looks at the ability of the individual to pay meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant
- Initiative: Initiative looks at the ability of the individual to act and take steps to solve or settle an issue.
- Leadership: Leadership skills looks at how well the individual motivates and guides others to ensure performance in accordance with clear expectations and goals. It involves attracting, supporting, developing, and retaining a talented and diverse workforce.
- Problem Solving: Problem solving skills looks at the ability of the individual to recognize courses of action which can be taken to handle problems or potential problems, and applying contingency plans to solve those problems.
- Working Under Pressure: Working under pressure looks at the ability of the individual to maintain composure when exposed to stress
- 1+ years experience as a Secondary Engineer or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years leading IT project(s) from design through implementation including project management
- 1+ years documenting IT infrastructure such as network diagrams, IT processes, and\or procedures
- 1+ years identifying issues, analyzing the data, and designing solutions to remediate the issue(s).
- 1+ years designing, implementing, and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory
- 1+ years designing and implementing Small to Medium Business solutions (500 seats and under)
- 1+ years Cloud Implementation experience
- 1+ years designing and implementing Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions
- 1+ years troubleshooting general network issues
- 4+ years related Information Technology field experience.
Required Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience
Preferred Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field (four-year college or university)
- Microsoft certification (Previous MCSA\MCSE or Role Based certification)
- Azure Administration
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration (Backup and Maintenance)
- Microsoft Exchange Administration (On-premises and\or Cloud)
- Cisco Networking certification
- Vmware VCP or equivalent virtualization technologies
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets