A Senior Business Analyst provides strategic business analysis services to Heartland’s customers. A Senior Business Analyst utilizes a combination of business acumen and analytical skills to provide consultative support and a great customer experience. Also, the Senior Business Analyst will lead teams on managing one or more solutions on a presales and project delivery basis. Primary responsibilities include understanding the customer’s needs, communicating the needs, collaborating with internal and external technical staff in the delivery of solutions, performing quality assurance activities, training, and implementation coordination in partnership with a Project Manager. This role will be key to understanding and documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges.
Roles and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Meet with customers to understand their business needs and project goals.
- Serve as a liaison between Operations and IT to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement, and implementations.
- Convey customer requirements with Heartland’s lead architects to design, estimate, and propose a solution.
- Assist with initial scoping, proposals, and coordination of resources during the presales cycle.
- Responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end to end to identify and address operational, financial, and technological risks.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency (proactive and reactive) by developing process improvements or re-engineering.
- Strong ability to lead customers through the requirements process with multiple techniques including decomposition, prototyping, current state / target state mapping, and other techniques.
- Identify, create, and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level.
- Focus on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid.
- Integrate new systems and processes with existing ones.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Write clear and concise feature specifications that drive adoption and increase customer satisfaction.
- Utilize HBS’ project tools and standards for project execution. Foster agile principles and methods for requirements gathering.
- Effectively communicate project statuses with team and project management.
- Work with pre-established subcontractors, communicating requirements and coordinating schedules.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices.
- Participate in the development and execution of test plans.
- Support system conversions, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Prepare training materials and provide training to customers and project team members.
- When applicable, lead small to mid-size projects and assist other project managers on larger more complex projects related to operational business functions.
- Lead or participate in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing customer and supplier relationships.
- Actively participate in professional communities, community forums, groups related to technology solution(s) supported by HBS.
- Actively participate in the continued review and update of HBS’ standard methodologies to gain efficiencies and improve communications both within HBS and with HBS’ customers.
- Interact with all levels of employees and management to negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Coaching and Development – Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company policy.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Innovative – Ability to look beyond the standard solutions
- Leadership – Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and perform to the best of their ability.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- 5+ years of experience performing software analysis and requirements gathering.
- 5+ years of experience implementing both custom and off-the-shelf business systems.
- 5+ years of experience in User Experience and Usability.
- Experience in multiple industry business processes and business systems. I.e.. Manufacturing, Education, Health Care, Retail, Commercial, Government
- Expertise in Quality Assurance implementing software systems.
- Expertise in Professional Services or similar client facing roles in a client / vendor relationship.
- Experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requestions from the business
- Experience with Balsamiq, Axure RP or similar prototyping tools
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- SQL query expertise
Required Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, I/S or similar discipline or equivalent work experience
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office 365 products including (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Project).
- Strong soft skills that demonstrate leadership and emotional intelligence for managing difficult conversations, conflict management, problem solving, and managing complex teams.
- Strong project management with the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills and communication skills
Preferred Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Certified Business Analyst Professional or similar certification
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets