The Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer will directly support and work on projects that could cross all practices within the HBS Applications division. This role is responsible for defining, implementing, and continuously improving policies, processes and procedures that deliver products and services of the highest level of quality and reliability for our customers. The SSQAE also creates, executes, and documents the tests necessary to ensure that application and technical environments meet performance requirements (technical and functional) and are free from defects. The SSQAE ensures that quality standards are met and adhered to by using their knowledge and quality assurance methods, tools, and techniques. The SSQAE will resolve, document, and report to management any quality problems that arise.
Roles and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Collaborate with Technical Leads and Solution Consultants / Business Analysts to analyze functional requirements to build QA testing strategy
- Write test plans and test cases
- Create high level test phases / tasks during project pre-sales to estimate QA efforts
- Develop automated testing scripts for moderately complex environments
- Understand how technical and business requirements lead to test cases and be able to write positive and negative technical test cases
- Design and implement technical test plans
- Review and understand documentation related to projects assigned and provide test estimates
- Perform manual and automated testing crossing automation, smoke / sanity, functional, black/white box, integration, load, regression, and post implementation as appropriate for continuous delivery
- Document defects and follow defect life cycle in appropriate defect tracking tools
- Participates in project meetings when appropriate or provides regular status reports to project management
- Defines and prepares test data to support deliverables
- Create metrics to measure and monitor test progress and execution
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Coaching and Development – Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company policy.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Innovative – Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Leadership – Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and perform to the best of their ability.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- 3+ years of applicable experience in QA Assurance type role
- Expertise in one or more test automation frameworks (Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber, QTP, etc.)
- Expertise in incorporating test automation in CI CD Pipelines
- DevOps and version control software (Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, etc.)
- 2+ years in a lead QA type role
Required Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science or a quantitative field (i.e. Statistics, Math, etc.)
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills.
Preferred Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Test Driven development (TDD) framework
- In-depth knowledge of system design, architecting, and implementing large scale business systems
- Testing certifications
- Technical writing
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets