This position is responsible to set up, test, tuning, configuration and customer training of AV equipment such as lighting, displays and sound speakers to be used at a customer facility. This position work will work under the supervision of the AV service manager and along AV team members to collaborate to provide a safe implementation of products on the customer premises. Due to changing customer environments HBS Team Members should be able and willing to work days, nights, and weekends dependent on the project and customer needs.
Roles and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Report and collaborate with Project manager on all areas of the project installation; product installation, equipment defects, timing and scheduling updates and customer training of products during and after installation.
- Perform routine onsite quality controls checks on system implementations.
- Provide clear and concise documentation to the Project Manager and AV Service Manager to deliver updates for the entire project.
- Set up, install, test, tune and configuration training of equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, network switch configuration, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for events to be held on customer sites.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at HBS and Customer locations. This includes daily cleanup before leaving the work site.
- Test and resolve equipment issues while communicating to the customer of concerns and proposed updates. Perform firmware and software updates as needed.
- Collaborate with Project managers, other AV teammates and HBS team members on projects to ensure a successful installation will occur.
- Ensure equipment is safely shipped to the customer site while maintaining the company vehicle in a clean and safe manner.
- Work in a team atmosphere between regional and virtual practices while at all times maintaining a professional and respectful demeanor.
- Maintain inventory of equipment in the company vehicle and for projects while on the job site.
- Maintain current vendor/industry specific certifications and stay current on new products and solutions.
- Minimum of 1,450 hours billed per fiscal year prorated based on start date. These charge hour requirements will be balanced against professional development and on the job training.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his\her actions
- Adaptability - Ability to fit into a changing environment
- Ambition - Extent that an individual demonstrates drive and initiative in seeking personal advancement or recognition
- Customer Oriented: Customer orientation implies a desire to serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the clients needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Decision Making - Selecting an effective course of action while controlling resources and expenditures
- Detail Orientated - Ability of an individual to pay meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant
- Ethical - Ability to be guided by the company’s accepted principles of moral conduct
- Leadership- Leadership skills looks at how well the individual motivates and guides others to ensure performance in accordance with clear expectations and goals. It involves attracting, supporting, developing, and retaining a talented and diverse workforce
- Organized - Ability of an individual to be structured and methodical in working skills
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to relate to topics which require and understanding or specialized knowledge
- Persistence - Ability to continue in a course of action in the face of adversity
- Project Management- Project management skills looks at the ability of the individual to demonstrate an understanding of planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling work tasks
- 2-3 years in a technical related field, internship, or equivalent
- 1-2 years Network switch configuration
- Use of Hand Tools, Power Tools and Electronic Measuring Tools
- 2-3 years of AV Leadership
- 3+ years of A/V Field Experience
- 3+ years of product knowledge of Crestron, Extron, Digital Displays
- 1-2 years of A/V Project Management
Required Skills, Education and/ or Certifications required:
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and decipher blueprints and signal flow diagrams
- Ability to work from ladders and aerial lifts
- QSC, Crestron, and/or Extron Certifications
Preferred Skills, Education and/ or Certifications required:
- Basic DC Electronic Wiring and Termination Knowledge
- Computer competencies in the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook
- Knowledge of ConnectWise or equivalent software system
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets