The Senior Systems Engineer will develop, implement, and support systems related services and solutions for consulting clients. This position will build a customer-focused relationship with client to identify business challenges and develop specifications and requirements to arrive at the best solution.
Roles and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Work as a member of the HBS Systems team as a leader and contributor that provides consultative and proactive project support to HBS’s account base.
- Collaborate and be a leader across multiple internal teams to ensure successful delivery and timely execution of the scope of work.
- Research new products for selection, enhance configuration standards and best practices and educate team members on these products and services to enhance the sales process.
- Provide senior level support, maintenance, and administration for customer networks and review for other potential concerns or enhancement opportunities.
- Work in and always model a positive team atmosphere between regional and virtual practices while maintaining a professional and respectful demeanor.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of past projects to potentially provide time estimates and project scopes for new related projects.
- Obtain and maintain current vendor/industry specific certifications and stay current on new products and solutions by utilizing networks of resources.
- Minimum of 1,450 hours billed per fiscal year prorated based on start date. These charge hour requirements will be balanced against professional development and on the job training.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his\her actions
- Adaptability - Ability to fit into a changing environment
- Ambition - Extent that an individual demonstrates drive and initiative in seeking personal advancement or recognition
- Applied Learning- Applied learning looks at whether an individual takes part in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience
- Decision Making - Selecting an effective course of action while controlling resources and expenditures
- Detail Orientated - Ability of an individual to pay meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant
- Ethical - Ability to be guided by the company’s accepted principles of moral conduct
- Interpersonal- Interpersonal skills look at the ability of the individual to develop and maintain relationships with others.
- Organized - Ability of an individual to be structured and methodical in working skills
- Persistence - Ability to continue in a course of action in the face of adversity
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to relate to topics which require and understanding or specialized knowledge
- 3+ years in a technical related field
- 3-5 years in a technical related field
- 3+ years’ experience working as a consultant
Required Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Experience designing and architecting Microsoft Azure solutions
- Including, but not limited to, Azure AD, Intune, Azure Backup, Azure Site Recovery
- Bachelor’s Degree, equivalent (or relevant) certifications or equivalent work experience
- At least one or more CCNP, MCA, CCA-V, VCP
- Experience designing and architecting systems-based solutions
- Installing and supporting Microsoft enterprise products
Preferred Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Experience with SAML/ADFS
- Experience with device management software
- Including, but not limited to, Intune, Airwatch, Mobile Iron
- At least two or more Professional level certifications
- CCNP, CCP-V, VCAP-DCV, MCE
- Installing and supporting Cisco, HPE, or Dell servers and storage
- VMware vSphere best practices
- Data Center / Core design, configuration, and implementation utilizing Cisco Nexus Architecture (9K, 7K, 6K, 5K, 3K, 2K, 1000V).
- Familiarity or experience with solutions or platforms relevant to the business, such as:
- VMware Horizon
- Nimble Storage
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets