This is a presales and service delivery position that is responsible for technical architecture and development on projects, in addition to working with sales to propose solutions that address business and technical needs. Must have strong technical expertise in Microsoft Cloud Application technologies including, but not limited to, Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, Microsoft Power Platform, and application development solutions. A successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, must have the ability and desire to present ideas or products and move others to action or to gain agreement, must possess a strong technical background in developing and delivering enterprise solutions and excellent organization and communication skills. This position does not require deep skillsets in all areas, but it does require knowledge and confidence in speaking/demoing within each area. This position is a lead architecture role that must speak to the Application team skillset and capabilities. A successful candidate will be able to feed work into the supporting Application practices to complete and deliver the work defined with the customer. This role is leveraged as a presales architect for all areas within Applications at HBS.
Roles and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Create a consistent and repeatable set of presales activities with Applications Leaders, most notably the Director of Solution Architecture.
- Work collaboratively with Applications’ Practice Managers and Business Consultants to lead or participate in the creation and delivery of client proposals. Always establish which party is leading the proposal creation process for an opportunity.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Iowa and Nebraska General Managers and sales teams to effectively drive the achievement of goals and support in Go-To-Market activities.
- Work with sales to develop and execute account specific presales activities for the fiscal year.
- Be prepared and active in Executive briefings when requested by the Sales team.
- Assist the sales team with new and existing clients to uncover their business objective, paint a vision for how the business objectives could be obtained from the proposed solution that includes a balance of products, support, and services.
- Be the bridge between our HBS offerings/solutions and client’s business and technical challenges.
- Deliver regular public speaking events, either through virtual meetings, large forums, or small group settings.
- Develop and deliver presentations to prospective clients including product and solution demonstrations.
- Periodically lead or establish proof of concepts or workshops for potential Services engagements in a presales fashion.
- Drive the HBS brand through thought-leadership and innovation with Marketing including speaking, blogging, and engaging with professional organizations.
- Provide business consulting, implementation, and support service activities focused around various Microsoft products to Heartland’s clients, leading and managing those implementations.
- Maintain a complete understanding of competitive products in the marketplace.
- Minimum of 1,212 hours billed per fiscal year. These charge hour requirements will be balanced against professional development and presales support.
- Accountability: Accountability looks at the extent to which an individual is willing to accept responsibility.
- Active Listening: Active listening looks at the extent to which an individual actively attends to, conveys, and understands the comments and questions of others.
- Business Acumen: Business acumen looks at the ability of the individual to understand and discriminate between various business-related topics and issues. This includes insight into, and understanding of, specialized business concepts.
- Coaching and Development: Coaching and development looks at the ability of an individual to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Communication: Ability to promote understanding through exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Leadership: Leadership skills looks at how well the individual motivates and guides others to ensure performance in accordance with clear expectations and goals. It involves attracting, supporting, developing, and retaining a talented and diverse workforce.
- Managerial Skills: Managerial skills look at the ability of the individual to achieve desired outcomes by setting goals and priorities that deliver results.
- Motivation: Motivational skills looks at the ability of the individual to inspire and encourage others to reach a goal.
- Relationship Building: Relationship building looks at the ability of the individual to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative relationship with customers and co-workers.
- Sales Ability: Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Strategic Planning: Strategic planning looks at the ability of an individual to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long-range goals can be achieved.
- 7+ years’ experience developing / implementing business applications and platforms, business process engineering and change management
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft 365, Power Platform, and Dynamics 365
- Experience in Manufacturing and K-20 Education
- Experience and proficiency in Data Analytics and custom build software
- Experience with ERP software
Preferred Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or I.T. related discipline
- Advanced Microsoft certifications in all related solution stacks
- Microsoft Certified Customer Immersion Experience (CIE)
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets