Places are changing, becoming more influential and requiring outside the box thinking around how places integrate into today’s evolving lifestyles. Streetsense is seeking a junior real estate strategist to join its growing team. Our Place Strategy consulting team shapes urban and mixed-use environments holistically creating places that enhance people’s lives. We work on a broad range of project types that include complicated retail projects, urban streets, mixed-use developments, and large campuses -- across all asset classes such as retail, office, hospitality, and residential assets.
You will work on projects at multiple scales, requiring an understanding of site plans, mixed-use development, retail environments, street and sidewalk environments and more. It is a skillset that must include a vision at large scale, that follows through to the small details. Our team combines multiple disciplines, with a passion for storytelling, brand and design married with business sensibilities.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented and passionate junior strategist to join our team of thinkers who can listen to diverse stakeholders and bring unique solutions and thinking to an array of projects. The ideal candidate will be a big ideas person, have strong communication skills, an aptitude for data-informed solutions, and a collaborative mindset.
This is a hands-on role that involves research, analysis, ideation, and the ability to express your ideas in written form, through hand sketches or inspirational imagery, and the ability to use digital tools for preparation of client deliverables. You must love to push new ideas, be passionate about placemaking, get excited about being a part of extremely diverse projects and thrive off working alongside exceptionally talented creative leaders.
You will be required to:
- Strategize, conceptualize, and develop compelling solutions to real estate challenges
- Use research to compare properties, buildings, and sites. Look at markets to understand the voids and opportunities.
- Assist in the ideation of solutions by providing options and ideas to assist in project solutions.
- Create deliverables and presentations, exhibiting expertise in storytelling with a clear strategy in place to support your ideas and design concepts.
- Provide graphics support for internal presentations and special projects as assigned.
- Convey ideas and opinion to clients in narrative form at a professional level.
- Conduct image research and cataloguing of such.
- Be able to multitask, working on various projects at once, often with tight deadlines and with careful attention to detail.
- Bachelors degree in Architecture, Real Estate, Graphic Design, Visual Communication or similar – however, were looking for the right person above education
- Minimum 3-years work experience
- Demonstrate solid experience in Graphic Design with strong communication skills and eagerness to learn new tools and techniques
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to articulate design rationale to internal and external audiences
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well with a wide range of leadership in a fast-paced work environment
- Comprehend projects at a high level to anticipate and avoid potential roadblocks
- Proven ability to work as a member of an integrated team and independently
- Up to date with popular culture and trends
- Highly creative individual with the ability to communication their ideas
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Technical excellence/high proficiency using the Adobe Creative Cloud family, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator (we will train the right person)
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 products – SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams required
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.