Barton & Loguidice, D.P.C., a multi-disciplined engineering firm of professional engineers, environmental scientists, planners, and landscape architects, is seeking a Sr. Project Community Planner for a full-time position in our Hartford, CT office. This position will be located within our Sustainable Planning & Design discipline.
- Prepares plans and specifications and/or develops reports;
- Engage in active transportation planning, corridor studies, and other linear multi-modal planning and design projects;
- Perform design-related tasks, including CAD or other software design, graphic representations, cost estimates, data analysis, and calculations;
- Present analysis and design solutions to technical leads;
- Review the work of other technical staff, as necessary;
- Manage smaller sized projects and may assist with client relations;
- Maintain awareness of project deadlines, project dates and budgetary guidelines;
- Assist with developing scopes, fees, and hour estimates for projects, including assisting with project proposals;
- Coordinate submissions to various agencies;
- Perform construction observation when required;
- The ability to interpret maps, charts, graphs and GIS-based information;
- The ability to collect, analyze and present data related to municipal codes, land use and transportation planning;
- The ability to apply computerized GIS technology to municipal, regional, and community planning assignments.
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Urban Planning and preferably 7-10+ years of planning experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. AICP certification desired. Candidates must possess proficient writing and communication skills, solid marketing abilities, and be able to communicate and interact effectively with staff and clients. Experience with computer software programs such as: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Design Suite, Sketch Up, AutoCAD and/or Microstation, and ArcGIS is required. Ability to prepare strategic planning documents, supporting analysis summaries, and grant funding applications is desired.
Estimated Pay Range: $66,000 - $85,000/year.
Actual compensation may vary based on related work experience, geographical location and market conditions, education/training, certifications, and other credentials, as well as applicable knowledge and skills.
Barton & Loguidice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability or protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal law or Executive Orders.