About the Role
The Software Solution Architect (SSA) will be responsible for providing technical strategy and establishment of a Software Architecture practice and adoption of an architecture and standards methodology. This role manages the activities that occur during solution ideation, design, and implementation. Additionally, this role will work with Data Insights and Analytics, R&D, and Build to achieve a state of the art software environment that meets current and future business objectives.
As a senior staff member you’ll be expected to operate independently, though your day-to-day will involve leading, learning and working with various teams to drive successful delivery of effective software solutions that achieve business objectives.
This is an exciting time at New Classrooms as our mission of creating and inspiring better ways to give every student an educational foundation for lifelong success has never been more important. This role is critical to experimentation and our ability to support schools and students in this uncertain time.
Our team spans a range of backgrounds, skill sets, and experience levels, but are all high-performing, dedicated, and fantastic to collaborate with. We are looking for someone who seeks out challenges, thrives in complexity, and finds satisfaction in making complicated things simpler using your technical expertise.
What you Would Do
- Work to ensure New Classrooms technical solutions are effectively delivered, aligned to the overall strategy, and deliver value to the schools and communities we serve.
- Guide and assist in the effective elicitation and definition of requirements, especially in the area of non-functional requirements as they relate to system technical specifications.
- Ensures solutions realize the defined requirements, are a fit for the specific purpose, and are closely aligned with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
- Maintain existing and developing software methodology for the ongoing assessment of software design, implementation, tuning, and the identification of problem areas.
- Influences changes to standards when necessary.
- Innovate and evolve the existing software solution architecture.
- Develops and executes solutions which further reduce the percentage of time spent on reactive work.
- Contribute to software delivery process improvement initiatives.
- Develop and drive secure engineering practices for New Classrooms’ product portfolio delivery to ensure protection of our customers’ privacy data.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions.
- Partner with Product Design, Engineering, and Operations teams to drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- Assist with support requests as needed.
Key Competencies of the Role
- Issue Management: You’ll need the ability to build resilience and responsiveness in the organization by being open and honest about challenges, and the actions required to address unexpected developments.
- Developing Team: To excel in this role, you’ll need to possess proactive leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate, and mentor the next generation of technology professionals
- Team Player: This role requires you to roll up your sleeves and work across teams and work streams to push solutions to continually improve
- Written, Verbal, Visual Communication: You’ll need to easily adapt your communication style to fit your audience - the audience will vary in size and technological skill/understanding and will all be looking to you for guidance
- Creativity: The ability to think “outside the box” for creative problem solving and strategic thinking will be key to success in the role
- Operates Effectively: You’ll be able to juggle a multitude of projects simultaneously, large or small
What We are Looking For
- Leadership experience as a Software Solution Architect in all phases of a software delivery lifecycle, from design to incident resolution through monitoring and alerts.
- Experience working with container technologies such as Docker.
- Exceptional expertise with a services architecture in an AWS environment.
- Experience working within an Agile methodology, techniques, frameworks such as Kanban, SAFe and DevOps to deliver solutions.
- Experience with software development project management and documentation tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
Role Classification and Benefits
This role is full-time, with a salary range of $120,000-160,000, and includes benefits such as rich medical, dental, and vision insurance, 37 paid days off per year (prorated for the period in which you work), paid parental leave, a professional development budget of $375 annually and a quarterly cell phone subsidy.
Commitment to Diversity
At New Classrooms we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create and inspire better ways to give every student an educational foundation for lifelong success. In order to fully realize this mission we are dedicated to building a diverse pool of candidates including those from underrepresented backgrounds, and resolute in building an inclusive culture that supports and celebrates the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.