As the philanthropic arm of the National Retail Federation (NRF), the NRF Foundation builds the bridge between a growing industry with hundreds of thousands of open positions and jobseekers around the country. Through education, training and experiences for job seekers of all ages and backgrounds, we help more people take their first steps toward promising careers. The NRF and NRF Foundation share the real story of retail, celebrating the breadth and diversity of opportunities in an industry that offers a career for millions, and a first start for millions more.
The NRF Foundation is seeking a charismatic Director with a business mindset to lead the expansion of RISE Up’s profile and utilization across the country and serve as a key connection for an extremely diverse audience. The ideal candidate will be a self-driven team player who is that is deeply motivated and has a proven track record of delivering successful business development strategies.
• Creates a business development and sales strategy for the RISE Up training and credential portfolio to enhance its profile and increase utilization among high schools, non-profits, workforce development agencies, educators and retailers
• Establishes and regularly reports on key sales metrics of RISE Up products to NRF Foundation leadership, analyzing key trends and recommending courses of action in response
• Identifies, develops and builds relationships with potential customers and key stakeholders to maximize industry awareness and increase utilization of RISE Up products
• Develops and manages efforts of a comprehensive state by state approach for high school and Career and Technical Education (CTE) engagement; from establishing approval of RISE Up products on state funding lists to interacting with companies, state associations and educators in key locations to maintain state approvals
• Collects, understands and synthesizes feedback about RISE Up products from important stakeholders; partners with internal team members to convey feedback, research and insights which may impact product adaptations
• Represents the NRF Foundation at speaking engagements, participation in community-based efforts, and at other meetings with key stakeholders
• Manages a direct report who is responsible for all customer engagement; oversees the work and actively invests in performance, professional growth and development
• Understands workforce trends and Career and Technical Education (CTE) environment
• Performs other duties as assigned
• BA/BS in business, communications, marketing or relevant discipline
• Minimum 6 years of experience in business development with non-profits, educational institutions or associations, with at least two years management experience
• Demonstrated experience creating and operationalizing a business development strategy
• Creative thinker with the ability to recognize opportunities and deliver outcomes
• Proven experience balancing philanthropic initiatives with revenue-generating activities that meet or exceed budget expectations
• Significant business development skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively engage, influence, negotiate and drive results
• Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communications skills with demonstrated ability to effectively present in front of diverse audiences
• Ability to collect, synthesize and use data to inform strategic direction and actions
• Comfortable working and communicating with a broad range of audiences
• Ability to prioritize and handle competing priorities
• Previous retail experience a plus
• Some travel required
National Retail Federation (NRF) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NRF is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. NRF will not discriminate because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, past or present military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and local law.