Neighborhood Housing Services is a Nonprofit community developer and affordable home builder and is seeking a highly motivated individual and experienced Director of MIS and Data Analytics to join our team. Neighborhood Housing Services of Los Angeles County (NHS) serves as a catalyst for local residents, business and government representatives to work together to build stronger neighborhoods, improve the quality of life for low to moderate income families and revitalize communities into neighborhoods of choice.
GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION
We’re looking for someone who enjoys using data for customer and business impact to deliver informed decision making, and experimentation. Through implementing the data engineering, dashboarding, analytics, and reporting, you’ll unlock the value of all the data as we continue adapt and grow. Candidate must love being in a data-driven world and love to analyze performance trends, identify opportunities, providing critical thinking and analytical skills through a variety of key qualitative and quantitative methods. The candidate will be able to present accurate and relevant data utilizing a variety of GIS, MIS and other software tools, while collaborating with staff and collecting real time data and information to share publicly or internally for improving business performance. This person will ultimately drive data-driven, strategic insights across programs such as business performance, marketing performance, and product performance to support not only core business goals, but also strategic longer-term, growth initiatives for NHS. Salary Range is $75,000-90,000. NHS has put in place a COVID-19 Vaccination mandate. All employees must be fully vaccinated as defined by the CDC prior to starting work. NHS has put in place a COVID-19 Vaccination mandate. All employees must be fully vaccinated as defined by the CDC prior to starting work.
- Create the data roadmap and drive implementation of data architecture, tools, and processes for collecting, organizing, optimizing and operationalizing NHS’s data.
- Establish self-service dashboards that report across all initiatives.
- Support data-driven decision-making by performing environmental assessments, funnel analysis, conversion analysis, impact sizing, etc.
- Lead the organization by identifying growth optimization opportunities; collaborate cross functionally to structure, measure, and execute tests.
- Monitor and report on outreach and marketing campaign performance for social media campaigns, paid search, advertising and email marketing.
- Promote a culture of excellence, data driven discussions, healthy skepticism, and knowledge sharing.
- Demonstrated professional experience overseeing data analytics, reporting and MIS.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills that fuel their passion for identifying and investigating patterns and trends.
- Experience working in a highly regulated, non-profit environment
- High level communication skills and knows how to engage different audiences to collect and present relevant data.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of data tracking, analysis and performance software.
- Capacity to collect, analyze, interpret and establish data programs, compliance analysis and operational impacts; to conduct and create surveys, tools and methodologies to optimize performance, impact and efficiencies with staff and community partners.
- Strong data and policy presentation skills in order to collect and present relevant data to multiple audiences
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- 6-10 years MIS, data analytics experience
- Familiarity with architecting data platforms including data warehousing, data ingestion, processing systems as well as self-serve analytics
- Proficient in implementing dashboarding tools (e.g., Google Data Studio, Salesforce)
- Proficient in gathering, aggregating & querying data using Google Analytics and SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills