PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking an experienced full-time Mental Health Counselor. This position will primarily focus on providing services for youth/adolescent clients.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide assessments, group, family, and individual counseling, crisis response, and treatment for clients and their family members.
- Perform comprehensive intake interviews of clients’ mental, emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
- Ability to competently screen and/or treat clients with suicide thoughts/behaviors, using evidenced based practice approaches (i.e., CBT, DBT).
- Develop and conduct individualized treatment plans
- Provide individual and group counseling to clients in the office and tribal school (as appropriate).
- Establish and maintain client case files ensuring current quality standards as required by WAC and any other accrediting body and/or county/government/contract entities.
- Assist in training and educating of staff and community, including obtaining any necessary certification as directed.
- Master’s Degree in Human Services or Behavioral Health field from an accredited university
- Current Washington State license or Associate license as a Mental Health Counselor, Social Worker, or Marriage and Family Therapist
- At least one year experience in the behavioral health field providing direct counseling services to individuals, families and groups
- Experience working with electronic health record systems