The PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an Emergency Hire Dental Assistant. This position is temporary and not benefits eligible.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide chair side assistance to dental providers using four-handed practices. Provide direct patient care and administrative support to the dental department as necessary.
- Provide accurate and efficient chair side assistance to dental providers and hygienists using established four-handed practices.
- Effectively demonstrates knowledge of dental restorative, endodontic and oral surgery practices and procedures and application techniques for crowns and bridges.
- Accurately performs child and adult prophys, direct patient preventative procedures, OHI, fluorides, sealant application, and rubber dam placement.
- Able to identify, use and arrange, all dental instruments and prepares procedure tray setups in a timely manner, as needed by dental provider.
- Assist in the completion of patient dental records by accurately processing digital radiographs/x-rays and following established protocols for patient exposure.
- Wear personal protective equipment including sterile garments, glasses, mask, and gloves at all times while performing main job functions and follows all PTHA and accreditation guidelines for safety.
- Wipe clean all instruments of debris/material/cement prior to replacing in cassettes and sending to central sterilization for processing, practicing proper infection control and following established sterilization protocol.
- Performs preventative maintenance on and maintains all equipment per manufacturer guidelines and reports equipment failure to supervisor within 24 hours.
- Assists patients through the dental process with care and understanding at all times.
- Provide age appropriate behavior management as needed, for dental patients, ages 0-18 years of age.
- Effectively communicates home care instructions to patients and/or parents of minor children.
- Graduation from an accredited Dental Assistant Program.
- One year of general dental assistant job experience.
- Current BLS certification.
- Experience with electronic health record systems.