North Carolina Advanced Energy Corporation (Advanced Energy) is a nonprofit energy consulting firm headquartered on NC State University’s Centennial Campus in Raleigh, NC. We strive to ensure that energy is clean, affordable, reliable, efficient and safe for all people. We work with electric utilities; state, federal and local governments; manufacturers and a variety of public and private partners in five markets: residential, commercial and industrial, motors and drives, renewables and electric transportation.
At Advanced Energy, we know that our organization thrives only when our employees are valued and supported. You will be aided in your career goals and be put in a position to excel. You’ll work on teams that promote idea sharing and challenge you to learn and expand your expertise. You’ll also be encouraged to seek work-life balance, with flexible hybrid schedules and an array of leave options so you can spend time with family and pursue personal interests.
We are also committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our staff is the most valuable resource we have, and we appreciate that our employees come from varied backgrounds, cultures and experiences. By providing a supportive and respectful environment that promotes creativity and collaboration, Advanced Energy makes a lasting, positive difference in all of the work we do.
Benefits – Visit our website for more information and a full list of employee benefits – www.advancedenergy.org.
Coordinate and perform administrative support activities for assigned business unit(s) and/or team(s).
- Perform full-time front office duties, including welcoming visitors in a polite and friendly manner. Notify company personnel of guest arrival.
- Maintain a tidy reception area.
- Answer calls via MS Teams. Provide general information to callers and/or route call to other personnel.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges).
- Issue campus parking passes for visitors.
- Maintain and update the visitor section on Intranet.
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily USPS mail/packages and assist with FedEx shipping when needed.
- Process postage for outgoing mail.
- Manage inventory/order office supplies and keep kitchen areas tidy and stocked.
- Set up, break down and organization of conference rooms.
- Process incoming public consulting requests via Kintone database and assign to appropriate staff member.
- Troubleshoot and remedy office equipment issues and provide support to staff.
- Perform clerical duties such as scheduling, printing, filing, copying, scanning, and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Help staff with laminating/spiral binding needs.
- Monitor Administrative MS Teams channel for incoming electronic faxes for staff.
- Assist Administrative Assistants with logistics for meetings/conferences/trainings.
- Miscellaneous tasks from Administrative Supervisor.
- High school diploma with 1-3 years of administrative support experience is required. An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Basic Microsoft Office software skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, and Teams are a must.
- Individual must have excellent organizational skills, be very detailed oriented, take the initiative regarding assigned responsibilities, and be able to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Must have a positive attitude, be able to multi-task and prioritize many activities and have sensitivity in dealing with confidential information.
Physical Demands/Work Conditions
This job requires the individual to work indoors in a normal office environment. The duties and responsibilities of this position may include the ability to remain in a stationary position for most of the time. The individual will operate the computer, printer, and other office equipment to perform the job and may need to occasionally move about inside the office to access files and other office machinery. The individual will spend an extended number of hours in front of a computer screen and will frequently interact and communicate with internal and external customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information and express oneself in an appropriate manner. The job may require occasional lifting or moving of boxes or objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
Employment Type: This is an hourly non-exempt position, and you will receive separate or additional remuneration for work in excess of 40 hours per week. This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive and is subject to change. It is not an implied contract of employment.
Cover letter and resume preferred.
North Carolina Advanced Energy Corporation is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and provide fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all other protected statuses under federal, state or local laws. All employment decisions are based on job-related requirements.
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verification or approval for a medical or religious accommodation is required after an offer is accepted and no later than 1st day of employment. Employees must pass a background check and substance abuse test.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.