Since 1938, the Ackermann Group has a long history in real estate development and property management that has continued to grow and thrive in the Midwest region. Our guiding principles of collaboration, commitment to a personal approach, and delivering above expectations are paramount to who we are as an organization. We believe in and are dedicated to our employees, creating opportunities for residents to connect with their neighbors and broader community, and giving back to the communities we serve. The Ackermann Group invests in passionate individuals who want to be a part of a vibrant and community-focused culture.
We are seeking a talented Maintenance Supervisor to join our team in the East side of Columbus. Position is full time, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, with emergency on-call rotation.
**Starting at $28/hour plus bonus!**
As a Maintenance Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Trouble-shooting service issues that residents encounter including – HVAC, general appliance work, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Ensure the completion of all market-ready apartments, emergency and non-emergency service requests, various maintenance activities, and community inspections.
- Periodically check the work progress of each maintenance team member and provide immediate assistance and instruction as needed.
- Assist with hiring, interviewing, and making recommendations for any potential maintenance team member with the Property Manager.
- Work along with the maintenance team in maintaining grounds and common areas and keeping them free of trash and debris.
- Responsible for stocking, ordering and organizing an inventory of parts, supplies and materials.
- Respond to maintenance work orders, follow up with residents and office staff, direct and oversee work of independent contractors and vendors, and work in an on-call rotation.
The ideal Maintenance Supervisor candidate will have:
- Three or more years of related experience that demonstrates broad knowledge of general maintenance. Property Management maintenance a plus.
- HVAC certification highly desired!
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Self-motivated with attention to detail
- The job requires you to have a valid driver’s license with proof of insurance.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen and have a positive, team oriented attitude.
Benefits + Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, 401k with match
- Rent discount
- Career coaching and development
- Company Engagement Events
- Dynamic, high energy working environment