The Accountant II will work on a range of projects with a diverse scope and moderate complexity related to the accounting function of the organization. This position will utilize Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). In addition, this position will provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinate groups. Also, perform account reconciliation, P&L analysis, billing method reviews, and other finance related activities. Standard process and procedures serve as a foundation for creative problem resolution. Work is performed with limited direction and this position will exercise some latitude in determining assignment objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Leads the month end process with responsibility to meet target close date.
- Identifies and implements process efficiencies related to the accounting function including month end close processes.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries
- Prepares, analyzes, and reviews financial statements using accounting principles
- Prepares reports such as balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other documents that project the organization's financial position
- Performs variance analysis at month end to ensure accuracy of account balances
- Responsible for general ledger account set up and maintenance
- Support external audit requests
- Accountability: Accountability looks at the extent to which an individual is willing to accept responsibility.
- Accuracy: Accuracy looks at the extent to which an individual’s work is correct and error free within company policies and guidelines.
- Communication: Ability to promote understanding through exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Detail Oriented: Detail orientation looks at the ability of the individual to pay meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant.
- Deductive Reasoning: Deductive reasoning looks at the ability of the individual to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems and the ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ethical: Ethics looks at the ability of the individual to be guided by the company’s accepted principles of moral conduct.
- Reliability: Reliability looks at the ability of the individual to be dependable and trustworthy.
- 2+ years of accounting or finance related experience
- 4+ years of accounting or finance related experience
- 1+ year experience with Accounting or Finance ERP system reporting and set up
Required Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Proficient Microsoft Suite Skills
Preferred Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets