PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking an experienced full-time Dental Assistant to join its dental team.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide chair side assistance to dental practitioners using four-handed practices. Provide direct patient care and administrative support to the dental department as necessary.
- Provide accurate and efficient chair side assistance to dental providers and hygienists using established four-handed practices.
- Effectively demonstrates knowledge of dental restorative, endodontic and oral surgery practices and procedures and application techniques for crowns and bridges.
- Accurately performs child and adult prophys, direct patient preventative procedures, OHI, fluorides, sealant application, and rubber dam placement.
- Able to identify, use and arrange, all dental instruments and prepares procedure tray setups in a timely manner, as needed by dental provider.
- Assist in the completion of patient dental records by accurately processing digital radiographs/x-rays and following established protocols for patient exposure.
- Wear personal protective equipment including sterile garments, glasses, mask, and gloves at all times while performing main job functions and follows all PTHA and accreditation guidelines for safety.
- Clean all instruments prior to sterilization in the autoclave and practice proper infection control in preparing and sterilizing operatory, equipment, and instruments and follows established sterilization protocol.
- Process and record sterilization monitors for all equipment. Properly stores instruments upon completion of sterilization and maintain sterilization records. Keep inventory of sterile instruments, equipment, and supplies.
- Performs preventative maintenance on and maintains all equipment per manufacturer guidelines, including sterilization equipment as directed, and reports equipment failure to supervisor within 24 hours as soon as possible.
- Assists patients through the dental process with care and understanding at all times.
- Provide age appropriate behavior management as needed, for dental patients, ages 0-18 years of age.
- Effectively communicates home care instructions to patients and/or parents of minor children.
- Provide general administrative support as required.
- Package dental and medical instruments and materials in appropriate packs prior to sterilization daily.
- Follow cleaning standards on all instruments prior to sterilization in the autoclave daily.
- Place sterilized equipment and instruments in proper storage after completion of sterilization and cooling process.
- Maintain appropriate inventory level of sterile instruments, equipment, and supplies, in each designated area, daily.