Do you love Downtown Dallas so much you want to tell everyone about it? Now you can have a job promoting all the great attractions in Downtown! Think high-energy customer experience agent without the burden of a sales quota. As a Downtown Ambassador, you’ll engage visitors and residents of Downtown about what the best restaurants, retail, and entertainment spots are to visit. In your downtime, you will help keep the area clean and tidy for everyone to enjoy. Downtown Ambassadors exist to make Downtown Dallas the most fun and energetic area in the country!
Goals and Objectives: Continually meet the program plan/goals to:
1. Provide world-class customer service to visitors and residents through positive interactions
2. Provide a visible, uniform presence in designated areas of Downtown Dallas to make it feel fun and safe
3. Collaborate with Downtown businesses to help promote services, public events, and other attractions
Customer service, professional appearance, outgoing, observant, teamwork driven, excellent communication skills, loves Downtown Dallas.
Duties and Responsibilities: To be the best Ambassador in Downtown Dallas, you will need to:
• Be a “Downtown enthusiast” and share your love and knowledge of Downtown history, public art, museums, restaurants, entertainment venues, services, businesses, etc. with the public
• Always engage with the public in a proactive, positive, and helpful manner.
• Build relationships with all people including those experiencing homelessness. The goal is to check on their well-being and assist in connecting them with services.
• Provide directions, maps, handouts, and information to tourists, visitors, residents, and local businesses.
• Be the “eyes and ears” of Downtown by observing and reporting any city ordinance violations.
• Build relationships with Downtown businesses and assist them when needed.
• Help keep a clean Downtown by removing litter from Downtown Parks and public spaces.
• Track your daily successes in a mobile app tracking system.
• Work on special assignments, including special activations and events, both as individuals and as part of a team.
• Address Quality-of-Life issues observed in public spaces.
• Act as the park bathroom attendant as needed.
• Communicate with and support additional Field Operations Team members as needed.
• Provide direct support to Manager, Community Engagement for activations and events.
• Perform any other task to support the Field Operations department as needed.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each qualification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Bi-lingual ability is desirable.
• Familiarity with (and passion for!) Downtown
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma/GED with a minimum of two years of experience in customer service.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Able to walk or stand outdoors in extreme weather (high/low temperatures, occasional storms)
• Willing to wear a specified uniform and maintain a neat, professional appearance
• Must be physically able to carry supplies while on duty, ability to safely lift and carry at least 25 lbs.
• Ability to flex hours, days off, and work weekends.
• Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates an utmost level of integrity in all instances and shows respect towards others and towards company principles.
• Trustworthy: The ability to meet commitments made to yourself and others, keep the promises you make, and acknowledge and accept the choices you have made, the actions you have taken, and the results they have led to.
• Courage: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand. The ability to challenge the substance of our beliefs and biases of our observations legitimately and objectively. Remains calm under pressure and in stressful situations
• Service: Sets high standards and measures of excellence to ensure quality assurance in every aspect of work performed.
• Unity: Shares key information with others involved in a project or effort, works in harmony to accomplish objectives, responds with enthusiasm to directives, and shows support for departmental and organizational decisions.
• Quality: Sets high standards and measures of excellence to ensure quality assurance in every aspect of work performed. Ability to perform all work in a first-class manner and in accordance with applicable laws, Clean Team policies, procedures, and standards.
• Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates a sound working knowledge of the current role and can perform routine equipment/machine/vehicle maintenance. Understands the impact this role has on other business functions within the organization.
• Teamwork: Shares key information with others involved in a project or effort, works in harmony to accomplish objectives, responds with enthusiasm to directives, and shows support for departmental and organizational decisions.
• Accountability: Takes personal responsibility and ownership for adhering to all company policies and procedures while also completing work timely and in accordance with performance expectations.
• Flexibility: Demonstrate responsiveness and adaptability following change initiatives and demonstrates ongoing support for change efforts.
• Safety: Performs all work in accordance with general safety practices and Clean Team policies and procedures including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), temporary barriers, or safety cones when necessary.
• Leadership: Leads a team, assigns, and monitors work, and trains and develops employees.
• Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listens to others, asks questions to verify understanding and uses tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others.
• Intelligence: Understand and comprehend information, as well as find application and value from new knowledge. Ability to follow instructions and retain information.
• Professional maturity: The ability to separate feelings from the real issues at hand. The ability to challenge the substance of our beliefs and biases of our observations legitimately and objectively. Remains calm under pressure and in stressful situations.
• Initiative: Takes a responsible, proactive approach and willingness to get things done independently; readiness to take the lead on new projects, ideas, tasks, or assignments.