The role of Data Engineer will report directly to VP of Data Engineering and help build DexCare’s internal data warehouse that powers our intelligent services and internal business dashboards. A data engineer at Dexcare is a full-stack engineer with a primary focus on extracting, transforming, and loading data.
· Design and develop solutions and services to load data from multiple sources.
· Write migrations to create and rollback new database objects
· Write unit and functional tests
· Participates in the design of the technical and information architecture for the data warehouse, including all information structures (staging area, data warehouse, data marts, and operational data stores).
· Coordinates with other Data Warehouse IT stakeholders to ensure overall health and performance of the data warehouse environment.
· Assists in monitoring system performance, reliability, availability, and recoverability of the DW environments.
· Assist Project Managers and Delivery Team leaders in estimating effort and resources for new projects and enhancement requests.
· Manage data integrity and accuracy of the data warehouse data and analytic environments.
· Develop optimized SQL, code and scripts to implement ETL job steps and analysis services.
· Profile, monitor, diagnose and repair data loading and processing packages to ensure data integrity and efficiency.
· Stay current in new DW and BI technologies, evaluate them and make adoption recommendations.
· Participate in developing and documenting technical standards and best practices for the organization.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent experience
· Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), data design methodologies, data architecture principals, data modeling and interrelation of various enterprise data
· Proven experience with designing well performing solutions with an ability to tune data warehouse objects for efficiency and accuracy.
· Experience with Postgres, MySQL, or equivalent RDMS.
· Experience with Python, Java, or equivalent software development languages.
· Can effectively observe, interview, flowchart and write to produce system and process documentation.
· Ability to investigate complex business problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate and/or present solutions, and resolve problems in a highly professional and tactful manner.
· Highly effective analytical, decision maker, extremely organized and able to set priorities effectively, excellent interpersonal and written communication
· Continuous Improvement Mindset
Who is DexCare?
DexCare, Inc. is a data-driven intelligence company focused on improving healthcare access for everyone. DexCare was incubated at Providence, one of the nation’s largest and most innovative health systems with over 50 hospitals across the Western United States.
DexCare is led by a mission-driven team experienced in building successful, innovative and transformative solutions to our customers biggest problems. We’ve built digital health companies from the ground up and worked in some of the world’s largest data, cloud platforms, healthcare companies and provider organizations in the world. We are backed by leading investors, including Kaiser Permanente, Providence Ventures, Mass General Brigham, Transformation Capital, Define Ventures, Frist Cressey Ventures and SpringRock Ventures.
What is DexCare?
DexCare’s core offering is a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that intelligently orchestrates health system capacity and digital demand across all lines of care. In a complex and vast sea of virtual point solutions, DexCare is the operating system that makes it all work. DexCare’s data-driven intelligence engine allocates, flexes and optimizes resources to best meet both consumer demand and health system business goals—expanding the reach of health system service lines into a new, digital and on-demand consumer arena. The platform attracts and caters to consumers by providing a fully-digitized, unified experience that routes consumers to the best care options while leveraging existing EMR, caregiver and brand investments. DexCare enables leading health systems across the U.S. to attract 30% more new patients, capture 5x downstream revenue, generate over 20% per patient encounter in costs savings, and deliver a net promotor satisfaction score greater than 90. Discover more at www.dexcarehealth.com.
- Mission-driven culture and flow
- Being a part of our incredible talented and diverse team
- Innovative product solution for proven, ongoing, and exponential current customer need
- Interesting roles and experience opportunities
- We are an early-stage company, not a start-up. Providence Health Care spun us out to enable other health care networks to access and benefit from our products, services, and future work.
- We will recognize and reward your impact and results
- Customer and revenue traction with large multi-year cloud software via signed licensing contacts
- Venture-backed (Series B stage)
DexCare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. DexCare does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. DexCare provides reasonable accommodation to all applicants who require such accommodation to apply for the position or to perform the essential functions of the job.