Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability - TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact - TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment - The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards - TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
Our TOA Therapy Technician plays an important role in the overall delivery of orthopaedic care and services to our patients throughout the area. TOA has a fast paced environment that provides the right candidate excellent opportunities to help patients and build a career in the Physical Therapy area
- Provide support for therapy services aiding in the care of patients under the direct supervision of a physical therapist, physical therapist assistant, occupational therapist, or athletic trainer.
- Daily cleaning of the therapy clinic's exercise/treatment equipment
- Wash, dry, and fold linens
- Participate in facility and equipment inspections
- Manage supply inventory
- Complete and maintain documentation of internal competencies, modality, and exercise training
- Assist with DME services as necessary
- Perform front office functions to include but not limited to scheduling, checking in, check out, and collecting deductibles or past due balances.
- Act as a liaison between the patient and therapist via efficient communication
- Effectively manage work time in order to complete tasks assigned by manager
- Initiate teamwork by helping out team members as needed to create positive and effective relationships
- Consistently demonstrate a professional, empathetic, service oriented attitude towards the delivery of healthcare to patients and their families
- Work effectively with supervising physical therapist, physical therapist assistant, occupational therapist, or athletic trainer according to service guidelines and accepted practices
- Adhere to Federal and State regulatory laws and rules
- Must be a high school graduate
- College course work/degree in an area of exercise science, physical therapy, or occupational therapy is preferred.
- Current certification in CPR.
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers