Position Member Services - Call Center Representative
Reports To Manager, Member Services
Date January 24, 2022
Department Member Services
Establishment of member relationships with members throughout the customer journey and beyond. Provide extraordinary customer service, communicate effectively, advocate for members and work to retain them. Responsible for handling all calls received within Member Services and Claims. Ensure timely processing of all transactions handled in addition to calls.
- Empathy: Understanding what prospects/members are going through and reacting appropriately.
- Communication: Clearly communicates with members. Show patience and kindness and engage in active listening
- Quick-thinking: Provide first-call resolution to solve the problem in the first call.
- Attention to detail: Learning member preferences, knowing the various ways an issue can be resolved.
- Active listening: Understand fully what the member has to say and formulate a response. Listening to the sentiment behind the words to provide a better solution
- Adaptability: Be adaptable to new ways of doing business to ensure processes line up with member needs
- Opportunistic Upselling: Opportunities to increase both member satisfaction and the bottom line. Identify opportunities to use to upsell new products, recognize member loyalty, to improve the member experience.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Builds and maintains cooperative work relationships with others. Completes tasks for group projects in a timely and responsible manner
- Problem-Solving: Listen to a problem. Think fast and identify a member’s problem, evaluate the member’s needs, and then find a solution
- Handle inbound calls regarding insurance claims, address change, change of beneficiary and collateral assignments, etc.
- Address and resolves member services inquiries via email and member services portal
- Educate prospective members on product and service offerings
- Provide guidance and advice relating to the Advisor Program
- Assist with tasks/assignments related to WAEPA conferences as needed
- Serve as the backup to answer phone calls for the member billing services team
- Lead team project as assigned by the supervisor or the SVP, Member Services
- Assist with the system testing as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor or the department head
- Complimentary insurance for regular full-time employees and their eligible dependents
- Eligible employees will receive 15% of their biweekly earnings for the employer's 401k contribution
- Eligible employees will earn 5 hours of paid time off for each pay period (130 hours per anniversary year)
- Wellness benefits
- Paid federal holidays
- Free parking
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to multi-task, and detail-oriented.
Education or equivalent experience
- A high school diploma is required, College Degree strongly preferred
- Experience in life insurance is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Call Center role at a Company
- Obtain Life and Health Producer License within 6 months in the role
- Pass LOMA 280 exam within 1 year in the role
- Pass LOMA 290 exam within 2 years in the role
- LOMA ACS (Associate Customer Service) Designation within 3 years in the role