PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park, Naperville, Chicago, IL and Sarasota, Florida. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
We are unique and recognize the high importance of international business growth in today’s business environment. We partner with our affiliated firm members of PKF International to provide services and global-based solutions to multi-national companies or independent business owners who want to expand their business globally through PKF Mueller. We collaborate closely with banking and investment institutions, attorneys with international experience, site selection professionals, and municipal and state development agencies to facilitate international business development.
We are an entrepreneurial firm and culturally believe in valuing individual responsibility and initiatives of highly motivated professionals with diverse backgrounds while keeping two-way communications open and remaining open-minded to new ideas. Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 147th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 12 years.
Overview - Senior Manager / Director - Valuation Services
The Senior Manager / Director will work closely with our clients and team members in providing valuation services for financial reporting, litigation, and tax purposes. Our practice has a significant focus on fair value valuations (i.e. purchase price allocations, goodwill impairment, hard to value assets, etc.)
The Senior Manager / Director will help identify key value drivers, challenge assumptions about future performance, search for and advise on hidden value, and work with PKF Mueller service teams to deliver an integrated approach to clients before, during and after the transaction. The Senior Manager will lead engagements supported by Partners who will educate, train and promote a great working environment. PKF Mueller continues to grow its practice and the candidate selected will have room for continued advancement and promotion throughout their career.
This role can be performed at any PKF Mueller office or fully remote.
Essential Duties - Senior Manager / Director - Valuation Services
- Manage and deliver business and intangible asset valuations for financial reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, and management planning purposes
- Design and work with financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction
- Perform valuation of intangible assets for financial reporting purposes
- Perform valuations of portfolio companies for private equity groups
- Develop strong client relationships to retain and expand the services that we provide to our clients
- Perform SAS 73 reviews of third party appraisals for audit support purposes
- Manage multiple projects at a time, and coordinate appropriate staff
- Supervise and mentor staff; provide timely and effective performance feedback and training
- Ensure quality control standards are met
- Contribute to team environment and a positive culture
- Strong quantitative background is a plus
- Bachelor's degree and/or graduate degree and approximately 5-8 years of valuation work experience
- Experience in the valuation practice of a national accounting firm or independent valuation firm preferred
- Degree in accounting, business, or finance preferred
- Experience with 409a, tax basis, and ASC 718, equity-based compensation analysis, including equity allocation
- Experience performing purchase price allocation and goodwill impairment testing for financial reporting purposes (ASC 805, ASC 350, and ASC 360)
- Provide audit support related to valuation for purchase price allocation and goodwill impairment testing for financial reporting purposes (ASC 805, ASC 350 and ASC 360)
- Progress towards CFA, ASA, or ABV credential is a plus
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal identification with PKF Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respectful, Inspiring, Dedicated, Enthusiastic
- Valid Driver's License
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.