Level: INT IV
Supervisor: Studio Leader
This position leverages your previous experience to allow you to grow professionally. You will have the ability to work independently with some supervision. Opportunities include coordinating and directing less experienced staff to develop projects, independent research and/ or the ability to deliver built projects through construction.
SERA is a firm of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned firm promotes a collaborative environment where every staff member’s unique strengths and contributions are valued. Sustainability, urbanism, and community-building are intrinsic to the ways we think and work. We’re not afraid of the gnarly problems that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays wrap up around the kegerator passionately hashing out the next, better idea.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Understand and ensure adherence to SERA's graphic standards across team members.
2. Create graphic presentations. Such as client presentations and marketing collateral.
3. Research and coordinate details regarding specific scopes of work and/or sub consultants.
4. Work with product vendors/manufacturers to develop details. Coordinate with other team members and building systems/components.
5. Ability to perform independent construction contract administration in conjunction with CA lead.
6. Use the building code to develop floor plans and interior design elements. Provide code interpretations supporting the project objectives.
7. Interact with the client to achieve project goals.
8. Familiarity and adherence to project contract requirements.
9. Research and select finishes appropriate for the project type and use.
10. Lead portions of interiors client presentations.
11. Work independently on all phases of a project.
12. Creates and organizes work plans to execute assigned tasks.
1. Interact with other SERA resources to achieve project goals.
2. Performs basic project management functions (schedules, staffing, and budgets).
3. Independently coordinates MEP systems relating to interior work.
4. Other duties as assigned.
Education + Experience
· Requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited program.
· Generally have 4 - 7 years of industry experience in an architect or interiors office.
· May be NCIDQ but not required.
· Handle the health and welfare of the Revit model.
· Develop, codify, and enforce the BIM Execution Plan on assigned projects.
· Experience with Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office required.
What you'll bring:
· Knowledge of Sketchup, Bluebeam preferred.
· Ability to communicate through verbal, written, and graphic communication formats.
· Ability to determine the right tool for the task.
· Ability to prioritize and evaluate multiple important tasks.
· Established critical thinking to identify strengths, weaknesses, or alternate solutions to problem with some supervision.
· Develop professional judgment and decision-making processes to determine the most appropriate course of action.
· Develop leadership skills that motivate and guide teams and projects to desired outcomes.
COVID-19 considerations: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.