Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 16,500 apartments in 18 states. The company’s comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values
Fairstead is seeking a Violations and Compliance Coordinator to handle NYC Agency Laws Regulations and Violations pertaining to portfolio compliance as it relates to facilities. The ideal candidate is organized and can consolidate large amounts of data from different sources to best organize and support Property Management Team.
- Maintains and tracks progress of all NYC Portfolio wide compliance items
- Tracks and ensures completion of all annual and periodic facilities compliance/inspection items including window guards, fire safety, boilers, elevator records, sprinkler/standpipes, and other required inspections
- Ensures the required inspections of façade (FISP), sprinkler, backflow, boiler, fire extinguishers and standpipe inspections are conducted and code compliant
- Manages and Leads close out process for all violations including tracking and periodic internal reporting
- Investigates and researches building violations set forth on each property, e.g., FDNY, DOB, ECB DOMH, DEP, etc.
- Tracks and ensures commercial tenants are compliant with their lease obligations
- Performs additional administrative work as needed to best support the Property Management team and company as a whole
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Experience working in either Property Management with a focus on facilities compliance or have a background in expediting.
- Proficiency using Site Compli
- Experience with managing complaints and violation removal in NYC
- Highly organized
- Detail Oriented
- Experienced with closing out permits and violations.
- Extensive knowledge of:
- HPD, DOB, ECB procedures, guidelines and hearings and FDNY & DHCR procedures and guidelines.
- Elevator and Boiler Annual Inspections
- Ability to handle multiple tasks including violations, certificate of corrections, hearings, submissions, and court cases in a simultaneous manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate across cultures and different levels of skill and education, specializing in compliance and property management relations.
- Requires exceptional written/verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Reporting using various Microsoft Suite programs.