Job Title: Global Green and Healthy Hospitals Membership and Program Assistant Contractor
Location: Latin America, within 5 hours of Pacific Standard Time
Status: Deliverables anticipated to take 40 hours per week
Reports Deliverables to: GGHH Network Director. Works closely with the Programs and Communications Coordinator for Latin America.
Posting Date: 22 April 2019
Posting Closing Date: 9AM ET, 24 May 2019
Health Care Without Harm seeks to transform the health sector worldwide, without compromising patient safety or care, so that it becomes ecologically sustainable and a leading advocate for environmental health and justice. With offices on three continents and partners around the world, Health Care Without Harm is leveraging the health sector’s expertise, purchasing power, political clout, workforce development, and moral authority to create the conditions for healthy people, communities, and the environment.
Global Green and Healthy Hospitals , a program of Health Care Without Harm, is an international network of hospitals, health care facilities, health systems, and health organizations dedicated to reducing their environmental footprint and promoting public and environmental health.
Health Care Without Harm is looking for a professional, detailed oriented, bilingual (English and Spanish) Global Green and Health Hospitals Membership and Program Assistant Contractor to manage the administration and delivery of the program around the world to ensure its proper functioning.
- Manage membership administration and onboarding across global network.
- Coordinate and manage program website, communications and social media.
- Respond to member inquiries and requests for support.
- Manage program databases and internal reporting.
- Coordinate membership management with and provides general support to GGHH staff at regional offices and partner organizations.
- Support special projects as needed, upon request in writing.
Qualifications & Competencies
The ideal candidate for the GGHH Membership and Program Assistant contractor will have/be:
- At least 3 years’ progressive experience in the NGO/nonprofit sector.
- A BA or BS in Communications and/or NGO administration, or combined experience/education as a substitute.
- Excellent written and oral English and Spanish communication.
- Detail Oriented: Ability to manage large amounts of data, platforms and communications in English and Spanish. Ensures all information is correct and properly organized.
- Independent: As a remote position, being able to work independently and manage time and tasks is essential.
- Member Benefits Knowledge: Ability to quickly learn member benefits offered to help members navigate.
- Account Management Capabilities: Ability to connect and navigate with hospitals/hospital systems contacts to support them in accessing and using GGHH member tools and resources.
- Organizational Knowledge: Ability to quickly gain knowledge about Health Care Without Harm and its Green and Global Healthy Hospitals Program to better understand how HCWH can meet GGHH member needs.
- Computer/Digital Skills:
o Knowledge and experience with the following programs and platforms is required:
- Salesforce (CRM)
- HTML, Wordpress
- Microsoft Office
o Experience with the following programs and platforms is preferred:
- Video, audio and image editing software
- Accountability: takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; follows through on commitments; implements decisions that have been agreed upon; maintains confidentiality with sensitive information; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; meets deadlines and satisfies promises; recognizes the impact of one's behavior on others.
- Initiative: provides expertise to take action to improve a situation without waiting for explicit instructions; understands how one's own actions relate to the organization(s)' and department's strategic goals; recognizes and responds to opportunities in order to reach a goal; seeks new and improved techniques, solutions, and approaches to completing assignments.
- Managing Resources: allocates time and resources efficiently and effectively; prioritizes work
- Working Collaboratively: works collegially with others, cooperating in both interpersonal and team relationships; fosters enthusiasm and maintains mutual trust, candor and respect; adds value in collaborative processes rather than merely passing challenges forward. If applicable, manages groups effectively and builds partnerships with others.
- Clear Communication: expresses oneself clearly and effectively when speaking and/or writing to individuals or groups; listens attentively; ensures that information is understood by all parties; shares information in a timely manner using the most appropriate method; presents well-organized information in a group setting; chooses appropriate audience(s) for communications.
- Organization/Project Management: organizes large amounts of information by creating and maintaining well organized systems; follows logical approaches to completing work; brings a project from inception to successful completion, and follows up, as appropriate; translates strategies into step-by-step plans for action; monitors work progress to completion; effectively prioritizes and chooses projects to support and advance coherent organizational mission; pays close attention to detail.
What’s In It For You?
- Work for an organization where the mission is inspiring and your colleagues are passionate and motivated.
- Work with staff that care deeply for the mission and the network of people carrying out that mission.
- Play a role in helping drive growth, influence impact, and advance efforts to create a more sustainable health care sector and community.
- Be part of an inspirational eclectic network.
To Apply or Inquire
Upload a cover letter and resume, in English, to Nick Thorp, Network Director, GGHH, Here . Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only competitive candidates will be invited to participate further in the recruitment process. Position open through Friday, May 24, 2019 at 9AM ET.
Health Care Without Harm and Practice Greenhealth are committed to seeking and sustaining culturally and ethnically diverse organizations, and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving the mission of the organizations in respectful ways. HCWH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.